I want to import my google email contact thorugh Google Contact API in my website using clientLogin

parekh.jatin

May 19, 2008, 8:00:34 AM5/19/08
to Google Contacts API
Hi

I want to import my google email contact in my website through google
ClientLogin authentication mechanism. But Im unable to make it
workable. As im using php language in my site. I need some support to
make it working. If any one have google contact api implemented or
some sort of help please let me know.

Thanks

Regards,
Jatin Parekh

Jeff S

May 20, 2008, 12:38:32 PM5/20/08
to Google Contacts API
Hi Jatin,

You might find the Zend_Gdata library helpful. Here is a guide for how
to get started:

http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76585

The library does not yet have classes which are specific to contacts,
but you can use the standard gdata classes and look for the contacts
specific elements as extension elements. If you need a hand please let
me know.

Happy coding,

Jeff

parekh.jatin

May 21, 2008, 1:50:41 AM5/21/08
to Google Contacts API
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to get authentication throgh AuthSub
app. Now I can sucessfully redierected back after login to my site.
And getting token. Now I want to know just how can I fetch contact
feed how I should send request.

Regards,
Jatin

Jeff S

May 30, 2008, 2:51:03 PM5/30/08
to Google Contacts API
Hello Jatin,

Now that you have an authenticated client object, you can make a
getFeed requests against the URL to retrieve a feed for all of the
user's contacts. (see the documentation for details:
http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/developers_guide_protocol.html#Retrieving
and Zend documentation here http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.gdata.html#zend.gdata.introduction.getfeed
) The Atom XML response will be parsed and converted to a
Zend_Gdata_Feed object. This object will contain all of the XML
elements in the feed, but some of the contacts-specific elements may
be converted into an extension object and stored in the
extensionElements or extensionAttributes array. If you need help
working with extension elements and attributes, please let me know.

Happy coding,

Jeff