Popularity / Acceptance stats

Sudhir

Sep 21, 2010, 1:04:54 AM9/21/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Where can I find information about the number of times GCF has been
downloaded and the percentage of users who have it installed? I think
a dashboard like that would be a big help while making decisions on
whether to require GCF on my site.

Alex Russell

Oct 5, 2010, 1:52:37 PM10/5/10
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sudhir,

We aren't sharing stats like this yet.

One thing you can do is look in Google Analytics for your site or app
to see the browser breakdown. GA calls out IE w/ Chrome Frame
separately from "regular" IE, so that can tell you how many of your
users have the plugin.

In our experience so far, the biggest thing that changes those numbers
for any app is prompting users on legacy versions to upgrade or
install GCF. Orkut, for example, now requires IE 7+ or GCF.

Regards

Sudhir

Oct 6, 2010, 8:43:19 AM10/6/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Yeah, I'm just requiring IE (all versions) to install GCF on
mapfaire.com. Hope it helps make the web a better place :-/

It would also be great if Google lets devs control the message on the
GCF installer. Right now it just says "some web apps might ask you to
install...." - it would be great if I could tell the user that my app
wants him/her to install GCF so they have a better experience. Right
now I just put up an alert before the GCF installer loads, and that
makes it look quite un-professional.

Sudhir