Re: blocking on sys_wait (issue 600002)

ted.mie...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2013, 9:53:36 AM6/6/13
to issac...@gmail.com, google-br...@googlegroups.com, re...@breakpad-hr.appspotmail.com
Hi Isaac,

This patch looks conceptually good, it just needs a little tweaking to
be able to land.

https://breakpad.appspot.com/600002/diff/1/src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc
File src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc (right):

https://breakpad.appspot.com/600002/diff/1/src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc#newcode385
src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc:385: * handler for
SIGCHLD will make wait() hang forever.
Generally we avoid first-person in comments, although we're not totally
consistent about it. Also, capitalize the first word of sentences in
comments.

https://breakpad.appspot.com/600002/diff/1/src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc#newcode389
src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc:389:
if(sigaction(SIGCHLD,NULL,&childsig_handler) == 0 &&
We avoid calling libc functions directly because of memory safety
concerns. You should be using the sys_ wrappers from
linux_syscall_support.h, you can look around the rest of this file for
examples.

You should be able to simply use sys_sigaction and sys_sigemptyset here.

https://breakpad.appspot.com/600002/diff/1/src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc#newcode396
src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc:396:
sigaction(SIGCHLD,&childsig_handler,NULL);
Your indentation here is weird.

https://breakpad.appspot.com/600002/