Re: Issue 425 in google-breakpad: Missing way to compile libbreakpad_client.a on Mac OS X

google-...@googlecode.com

Jun 12, 2013, 4:58:34 AM6/12/13
to google-br...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 425 by Luke.Whi...@gmail.com: Missing way to compile
libbreakpad_client.a on Mac OS X
http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/issues/detail?id=425

So I guess this is being ignored? I really need the ability to statically
link the library into a C++ application.

issue notifications to this address.

google-...@googlecode.com

Jun 12, 2013, 1:30:01 PM6/12/13
to google-br...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: OpSys-OSX

Comment #2 on issue 425 by the...@chromium.org: Missing way to compile
./configure as is doesn't build any mac files. I can't comment on the
xcodeproj file or Mozilla's modifications.

Probably the easiest way to do this is to look at chromium's breakpad.gyp
file and trim it down to just what you need. Then use gyp to generate a
makefile / xcode project / whatever other generator output gyp supports.
There may be a .gyp file in the breakpad checkout that can do this, but I
didn't look very hard.

google-...@googlecode.com

Jun 12, 2013, 5:44:12 PM6/12/13
to google-br...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 425 by Luke.Whi...@gmail.com: Missing way to compile
That's probably a bit advanced for the likes of me. What I did manage to do
is to set a Copy Files build phase that copies the Breakpad.framework into
the bundle. Is this effectively the same as statically linking?