Blogroll fix for link: queries

Jeremy Hylton

Apr 13, 2009, 3:16:20 PM4/13/09
to Google Blog Search
We deployed our latest improvements for blogroll detection late last
week. The change affects link: queries. We now drop most or all of
the links that occur in the blogroll or in other parts of the page
that are just boilerplate. I'm sure there are lingering problems, but
our internal metrics suggest that its a big increase in quality for
link: queries. We've got a few more improvements in the works, but I
think this recent change fixed the biggest part of the problem.

As always, please send me specific examples where things have gone
wrong. We'll do our best to fix them.

Jeremy

kathi

Apr 22, 2009, 10:17:06 AM4/22/09
to Google Blog Search
Could this affect the fact that I get different results from one day
to the next using the link: query

Yesterday, for this query:
http://blogsearch.google.ca/blogsearch?hl=en&q=link:http://consumerist.com/5213814/9-legal-drugs-with-extremely-disturbing-side-effects

Last night’s results:
http://www.digyourowngrave.com/2009/nine-legal-drugs-with-crazy-side-effects/
http://www.listicles.com/2009/04/9-legal-drugs-with-disturbing-side-effects/
http://www.codewolf.com/?news_id=1075512

Today’s result for the same query:
http://seehere.blogspot.com/2009/04/top-10-internet-illnesses.html
http://www.codewolf.com/?news_id=1075512

Two of the links returned yesterday were not returned today. Yet, thos
two links do still contain an href to the query URL