BadRequestError: app s~helixchewer cannot access app helixchewer's data during create_bulkloader_config

Matthew Stone

Jan 9, 2011, 11:41:52 PM1/9/11
to Google App Engine
I can't for the life of me figure out what this error means, or how to
solve it. It looks like I made a typo somewhere (s~helixchewer vs
helixchewer) but I can't figure out where.

Has anyone run into this before?

> appcfg.py create_bulkloader_config --filename=bulkloader.yaml --url=http://helixchewer.appspot.com/_ah/remote_api
Creating bulkloader configuration.
[INFO ] Logging to bulkloader-log-20110109.232451
[INFO ] Throttling transfers:
[INFO ] Bandwidth: 250000 bytes/second
[INFO ] HTTP connections: 8/second
[INFO ] Entities inserted/fetched/modified: 20/second
[INFO ] Batch Size: 10
[INFO ] Opening database: bulkloader-progress-20110109.232451.sql3
[INFO ] Opening database: bulkloader-results-20110109.232451.sql3
[INFO ] Connecting to helixchewer.appspot.com/_ah/remote_api
[INFO ] Downloading kinds:
['__Stat_PropertyType_PropertyName_Kind__']
[ERROR ] [Thread-1] WorkerThread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/adaptive_thread_pool.py", line 150, in
WorkOnItems
status, instruction = item.PerformWork(self.__thread_pool)
File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/bulkloader.py", line 691, in PerformWork
transfer_time = self._TransferItem(thread_pool)
File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/bulkloader.py", line 1078, in _TransferItem
self, retry_parallel=self.first)
File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/bulkloader.py", line 1348, in GetEntities
results = self._QueryForPbs(query)
File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/bulkloader.py", line 1319, in _QueryForPbs
raise datastore._ToDatastoreError(e)
BadRequestError: app s~helixchewer cannot access app helixchewer's
data
[INFO ] [Thread-3] Backing off due to errors: 1.0 seconds
[INFO ] An error occurred. Shutting down...
[ERROR ] Error in Thread-1: app s~helixchewer cannot access app
helixchewer's data

[INFO ] Have 0 entities, 0 previously transferred
[INFO ] 0 entities (1697 bytes) transferred in 2.0 seconds

Contents of app.yaml:

application: helixchewer
version: 1
runtime: python
api_version: 1

handlers:
- url: .*
script: main.py

builtins:
- datastore_admin: on
- remote_api: on

Ikai Lan (Google)

Jan 11, 2011, 6:11:32 PM1/11/11
to Google App Engine
The s~ is supposed to be an invisible modifier for High Replication applications. Give this a try:

appcfg.py create_bulkloader_config --filename=bulkloader.yaml --url=http://helixchewer.appspot.com/_ah/remote_api --application=s~helixchewer

--
Ikai Lan

Waldemar Kornewald

Jan 24, 2011, 5:12:57 AM1/24/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Will this be fixed, so it's transparent? From an end-user point of view there is no reason to have such a distinction. It only complicates everything and people are sending me bug reports about the remote API not working with Django-nonrel when they use the high-replication datastore. In case the s~ prefix will stay, how can I detect this in Django-nonrel if I only know the normal appid and the user doesn't manually specify that his app uses the HR datastore?

Bye,
Waldemar

Ikai Lan (Google)

Jan 24, 2011, 4:21:24 PM1/24/11
to Google App Engine
Yes, that is the goal. The s~ should not appear anywhere with the exception of maybe the admin-console. If it's required anywhere else, that is a bug we should address.

--
Ikai Lan

Jamie H

Mar 2, 2011, 4:34:14 PM3/2/11
to Google App Engine
the s~ is affecting what email address I can send email from. I am
now forced to use
no-reply@s~APP-ID.appspotmail.com

which as far as I know is not an RFC valid email address

On Jan 24, 3:21 pm, "Ikai Lan (Google)" <ikai.l+gro...@google.com>
wrote:
> Yes, that is the goal. The s~ should not appear anywhere with the exception
> of maybe the admin-console. If it's required anywhere else, that is a bug we
> should address.
>
> --
> Ikai Lan
> Developer Programs Engineer, Google App Engine
> Blogger:http://googleappengine.blogspot.com
> Reddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/appengine
> Twitter:http://twitter.com/app_engine
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Will this be fixed, so it's transparent? From an end-user point of view
> > there is no reason to have such a distinction. It only complicates
> > everything and people are sending me bug reports about the remote API not
> > working with Django-nonrel when they use the high-replication datastore. In
> > case the s~ prefix will stay, how can I detect this in Django-nonrel if I
> > only know the normal appid and the user doesn't manually specify that his
> > app uses the HR datastore?
>
> > Bye,
> > Waldemar
>
> > --
> > .

Ikai Lan (Google)

Mar 3, 2011, 2:21:56 PM3/3/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I talked to Jamie about this and there's a bug filed in the issues tracker:

Ikai Lan

Darien Caldwell

Mar 15, 2012, 11:00:20 PM3/15/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I just ran into this issue. Seems it's still unresolved a year later. :\
> > To post to this group, send email to google-appengine@googlegroups.com.

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.

333...@gmail.com

May 6, 2012, 4:39:42 AM5/6/12
to Google App Engine
Still unresolved sdk v1.6.5...
> >> google-a...@googlegroups.com.
> >> google-appengine%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> >>  > > .

Mokter Hossain

Apr 26, 2014, 2:19:25 AM4/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, ikai.l...@google.com
Hello Ikai,

I used your suggested method (appcfg.py create_bulkloader_config --filename=bulkloader.yaml --url=http://csp-cs4hs.appspot.com/_ah/remote_api --application=s~csp-cs4hs

but still getting same problem, IOError: [Errror 13] Permission denied, while giving the following command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine> python appcfg.py download_data --config_file=bulkloader.yaml  --filename=studentproperty.csv --kind=StudentPropertyEntity --url=http://csp-cs4hs.appspot.com/_ah/remote_api --namespace=ns_CSP4HS

Could you pls help me.

Thanks
Mokter

Vinny P

May 10, 2014, 1:01:46 AM5/10/14
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM, Mokter Hossain <mok...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Ikai,  I used your suggested method (appcfg.py create_bulkloader_config --filename=bulkloader.yaml --url=http://csp-cs4hs.appspot.com/_ah/remote_api --application=s~csp-cs4hs

but still getting same problem, IOError: [Errror 13] Permission denied, while giving the following command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine> python appcfg.py download_data --config_file=bulkloader.yaml  --filename=studentproperty.csv --kind=StudentPropertyEntity --url=http://csp-cs4hs.appspot.com/_ah/remote_api --namespace=ns_CSP4HS
Could you pls help me.

Can you try leaving out the --application argument and see what happens? Do you see any data prompts?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com