Repeated (daily) captcha verification for authentication

Sundar

Feb 10, 2011, 6:39:35 PM2/10/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Since about 2 days ago every time I try to deploy using appcfg.py I receive:
Scanning files on local disk.
Initiating update.
Please go to
https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
and verify you are a human. Then try again.
Error 401: --- begin server output ---
Must authenticate first.
--- end server output ---
)
Email was triggered for: Failure

I seem to be forced to validate that I'm human every day. But more importantly, by deployment script is NOT human - I've got it running as part of a Hudson job.

So how can I disable this after I've initially verified? I need to be able to have my deployment script do its work.

To be clear, I did NOT have this authentication/captcha request for weeks, and it has suddenly started in the last couple of days

Sundar

Mar 3, 2011, 1:58:15 PM3/3/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I'm still having this problem over 2 weeks later. (Neither Google Apps support nor Google API support seem to have any solution).

Does anyone else have this problem - i.e., repeated requests to "verify you are a human", irrespective of unlocking the captcha? Is there any reason this would be triggered on a specific account? Since I auto-login (command-line params) with this account for my deployments I wonder if there's some reason this triggers the problem. I never have an authentication problem for gmail or other google-apps services from this account.

There seems to be nothing consistent about when or why this happens - it's at different times of day and sometimes within seconds of having deployed (I've had many instances where I can update my app, but setting the default version a few seconds later results in the captcha trigger).

I pretty much always deploy from the same network so it can't be a connection from too many networks issue. Just wondering if there are some things I should *not* do that cause the captcha to be triggered, or if anyone has some suggestions I could try.

Thanks for any help/suggestions to resolve this issue.