Can I use free quota for commercial purposes?

nikhil bharadwaj

Jun 4, 2009, 11:08:44 PM6/4/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Can I continue with free quota systems if I wish to use it for commercial purposes like developing apps for my college,etc.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Nikhil B. Bharadwaj
Student
MLR Institute of Technology (www.mlrinstitutions.ac.in)
(Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University)
www.jntu.ac.in
http://nikhilbharadwaj.blogspot.com/
http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/

"I have felt it and lived it and now it leaves me here, love is the ultimate pain and joy, without it you die with it you perish. "

Nick Johnson (Google)

Jun 4, 2009, 11:13:21 PM6/4/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nikhil,

Our free quota is available to everyone, regardless of what you're using your app for - indeed, there's no way for you to turn it off! And writing commercial apps on App Engine is both permitted and encouraged.

Bear in mind that you may want to enable billing even if you set a very low limit - some limits are increased simply for having billing enabled, without necessarily spending any money on them.

And if you build something cool (and public), please don't hesitate to point it out to us.

-Nick Johnson