Notification: Upcoming scheduled maintenance period on February 7th, 2011

App Engine Downtime Notify

Jan 6, 2011, 6:30:29 PM1/6/11
to Google App Engine Downtime Notify
There is an upcoming scheduled maintenance period on Monday, February
7th, 2011 between 5pm-6pm Pacific Time (GMT: Tuesday, February 8, 2011
at 1:00am).

The datastore will be placed into read-only mode and memcache will be
flushed. It is recommended that critical portions of your application
that depend on the datastore should
make use of the capabilities API to detect and recover gracefully
during read-only periods. Documentation describing the capabilities
API can be found here:

Python: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/howto/maintenance.html
Java: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/howto/maintenance.html

There will be no downtime for developers whose applications use High
Replication Datastore. You can read more about High Replication here:

http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2011/01/announcing-high-replication-datastore.html

Developers can subscribe to the scheduled maintenance calendar using
the following link:

https://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?src=4chlpo92ci2f5...@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&gsessionid=OK

App Engine Downtime Notify

Feb 7, 2011, 8:04:50 PM2/7/11
to Google App Engine Downtime Notify
We've started our maintenance. The datastore will be placed into read-
only mode shortly.

On Jan 6, 3:30 pm, App Engine Downtime Notify <i...@google.com> wrote:
> There is an upcoming scheduled maintenance period on Monday, February
> 7th, 2011 between 5pm-6pm Pacific Time (GMT: Tuesday, February 8, 2011
> at 1:00am).
>
> The datastore will be placed into read-only mode and memcache will be
> flushed. It is recommended that critical portions of your application
> that depend on the datastore should
> make use of the capabilities API to detect and recover gracefully
> during read-only periods. Documentation describing the capabilities
> API can be found here:
>
> Python:http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/howto/maintenance.html
> Java:http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/howto/maintenance.html
>
> There will be no downtime for developers whose applications use High
> Replication Datastore. You can read more about High Replication here:
>
> http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2011/01/announcing-high-replicati...
>
> Developers can subscribe to the scheduled maintenance calendar using
> the following link:
>
> https://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?src=4chlpo92ci2f54c2u21shbj...@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&gsessionid=OK

App Engine Downtime Notify

Feb 7, 2011, 8:20:08 PM2/7/11
to Google App Engine Downtime Notify
The datastore is being placed into read-only mode.

On Feb 7, 5:04 pm, App Engine Downtime Notify

App Engine Downtime Notify

Feb 7, 2011, 9:01:03 PM2/7/11
to Google App Engine Downtime Notify
The read-only period will last roughly ~5 minutes beyond the original
planned end time of 6pm.

On Feb 7, 5:04 pm, App Engine Downtime Notify

App Engine Downtime Notify

Feb 7, 2011, 9:09:18 PM2/7/11
to Google App Engine Downtime Notify
The App Engine datastore is now back in read-write mode. Applications
may experience additional loading request latencies for a period of a
few minutes while we complete the maintenance.

On Feb 7, 5:04 pm, App Engine Downtime Notify

App Engine Downtime Notify

Feb 7, 2011, 9:19:10 PM2/7/11
to Google App Engine Downtime Notify
The maintenance has completed. The datastore was read-only from
5:20pm-6:07pm Pacific.

On Feb 7, 6:09 pm, App Engine Downtime Notify