Android GoogleAdMob SDK 4.0.2 InstallReceiver

Leif

Apr 4, 2011, 7:04:17 AM4/4/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Hello,

I am getting error on Android Market stating:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate receiver
com.admob.android.ads.analytics.InstallReceiver:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.admob.android.ads.analytics.InstallReceiver in loader

Since I upgraded the AdMob SDK for this release, I looke around a
little, and it seems that the

<receiver
android:name="com.admob.android.ads.analytics.InstallReceiver"
android:exported="true">
<intent-filter>
<action
android:name="com.android.vending.INSTALL_REFERRER" />
</intent-filter>
</receiver>

Section of the manifest.xml is no longer required? At least it is not
mentioned in the docs here http://code.google.com/mobile/ads/docs/android/fundamentals.html

But I also saw a previous post on this forum where it was recommended
to rename the InstallReciever to new package name.

So, could an AdMob official please provide some guidance here?

Best regards,

Leif Rilbe

wes

Apr 4, 2011, 7:20:44 PM4/4/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
You can go ahead and take that receiver snippet out of your manifest.

Cheers,
Wes

Leif

Apr 5, 2011, 5:03:14 AM4/5/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Ok, thanks!

Chister Nordvik

May 11, 2011, 3:55:59 PM5/11/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
Any why isn't this stated in the docs!? We updated a app with 500.000
users and it crashed on install because of the error below. Since this
just occurs through the market installation procedure, then it passed
all our tests before we deployed it... Good thing that uploading a new
app takes minutes and not days :-)

-Christer