v2.1 - Calling all translators

Gareth

Sep 13, 2011, 10:58:00 PM9/13/11
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

If you have done translations in the past for Golden Cheetah or would
like to do a new or update an existing translation, can I ask you
please to start work on the translation in v2.1.

This version is getting very close to being released and it would be
great to have all the translations for the existing languages
completed and any new languages add.

Thanks

Gareth

LukeNRG

Sep 14, 2011, 6:35:13 AM9/14/11
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Gareth,
i did the German localization in the past! I will help for v2.1 or 3.0
also... Pls let me know how...

Kind regards
Luke

Guillaume Lemaître

Sep 14, 2011, 7:41:42 AM9/14/11
to Gareth, golden-cheetah-users
Hi Gareth,
I could do the French translation but it seems that it is already done on the version 2.1.
If you need anything for the v3.0 just let me know.

Best Regards,

2011/9/14 Gareth <garet...@gmail.com>

LEMAÎTRE Guillaume
Master Erasmus Mundus ViBOT
Heriot Watt University
Universitat de Gerona
Centre Condorcet Le Creusot
http://g.lemaitre58.free.fr
Vice - Chairman of A.S.C. Fours UFOLEP
Chairman of A.S.C. Fours FFC
Webmaster of http://ascfours.free.fr
g.lema...@gmail.com

Gareth

Sep 14, 2011, 1:03:32 PM9/14/11
to golden-cheetah-users
On Sep 14, 6:35 am, LukeNRG <i...@pietsch.ro> wrote:
> Hi Gareth,
> i did the German localization in the past! I will help for v2.1 or 3.0
> also... Pls let me know how...

If you have git, clone the repository.
If not go to GitHub and download the file.
You want to modify gc_de.ts file in src/translations directory.

If you are doing another language then edit as appropriate.

Use Qt Linguist and add in your translations.

Then if using git do a commit and generate a patch or just send me the
modified .ts file and I'll work with that.

Beeda .

Sep 14, 2011, 2:22:26 PM9/14/11
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gareth, good idea:-)
I will start Czech lang check/add new, need 1-2 weeks to finish.
d.

argmac

Sep 14, 2011, 4:35:41 PM9/14/11
to golden-cheetah-users
If nobody is doing spanish yet I can do it. If somebody already is,
please show up and we can share the work.

Arturo

Jamie Kimberley

Sep 14, 2011, 4:39:44 PM9/14/11
to argmac, golden-cheetah-users
Thanks.

I believe that Ale Martinez has already completed the translations
for Spanish.

Gareth. Shall we create features for each of the translations on the
issue tracker? We can post the current .ts files there so folks
don't have to clone the source. Once we get volunteers we can
assign the issues to keep track.

Thoughts?
Jamie

> --

"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to
become right."--xkcd
__________________
Jamie Kimberley
Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Johns Hopkins University
Office: 410.516.5162
Mobile: 217.621.8272
Fax: 410.516.4316
E-Mail:jamie.k...@jhu.edu

Gareth

Sep 14, 2011, 4:58:20 PM9/14/11
to golden-cheetah-users
Sounds like a good idea Jamie.

Spanish is done - Thanks Ale.
I have a French translation patch from Guillaume.
Beeda is doing Czech.
LukeNRG is doing German.

Anyone else?

Ale Martinez

Sep 14, 2011, 7:54:32 PM9/14/11
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Arturo, la traducción al español está completa en la última versión pero sería muy bueno que la revisaras y si encuentras errores o quieres proponer mejoras, las incorporamos.

Ale Martínez

Changxi Zheng

Sep 18, 2011, 11:57:43 AM9/18/11
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
are you guys interested in Chinese translation? (because I don't see chinese translation file in translations/ dir). If so, I can help.

Jamie Kimberley

Sep 18, 2011, 4:19:23 PM9/18/11
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to GoldenCheetah.

We'd love to have a Chinese translation. We are currently trying to
update translations in the master branch of the git repository for a
release of version 2.1

If you are familiar with QtLinguist please go ahead and generate a
new .ts file. If not, let us know and we can generate a file for
you to add your translations to.

Thanks,
Jamie

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011, Changxi Zheng wrote:

> are you guys interested in Chinese translation? (because I don't see chinese
> translation file in translations/ dir). If so, I can help.

Changxi Zheng

Sep 18, 2011, 9:50:43 PM9/18/11
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I know how to use QtLinguist, and will do it in this week.

Gareth

Sep 18, 2011, 11:42:34 PM9/18/11
to golden-cheetah-users
This is great to hear. We really appreciate the input and assistance.

yama-kei

Sep 19, 2011, 8:21:23 PM9/19/11
to golden-cheetah-users
I've worked on past Japanese translation and I will speak to other
guys who can update translation for 2.1.

keisuke

Thomas_PT

Sep 21, 2011, 1:16:53 PM9/21/11
to golden-cheetah-users
Hey Gareth

What you guys have achieved with Golden Cheetah is simply amazing. I
really want to contribute to the project. I guess for now I can do the
translation for Portuguese. Do you have any instructions I can follow
or is it self-explanatory once everything is installed?

Cheers,
Thomas

Jamie Kimberley

Sep 26, 2011, 11:43:32 AM9/26/11
to Thomas_PT, golden-cheetah-users
Hi. Thanks for wanting to contribute.

Garreth and I were just discussing the need to have the translation
process documented.

Perhaps soem of the translators could add something to the developer
guide section of the wiki.

essentially we send you a .ts file, which is an XML file containing
all of the lines that need translation. You can edit this using 1)
QtLinguist (part of the QT SDK or as a standalone) 2) Using
Trasniflex webservice, 3. any text editor.

Options 1 and 2 are certainly the easiest. option two allows for
collaborative efforts among several translators for one language.
I've never used Transiflex so am at a bit of a loss on how to set
things up there.

Jamie

Thomas Irps

Sep 26, 2011, 4:19:46 PM9/26/11
to Jamie Kimberley, golden-cheetah-users, Gareth Coco
Hi Jamie,

I have been speaking to Gareth and he helped me get all set up. I am already
translating using QTlinguist, which has been really easy. I am more than
happy to write for the developer section, as well as possibly writing
tutorials, introductions maybe even a translation of the webpage. I can also
help out in German if there is any need.

Cheers,
Thomas

Jamie Kimberley

Sep 27, 2011, 9:03:24 AM9/27/11
to Thomas Irps, golden-cheetah-users, Gareth Coco
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for offering help. Any improvements/additions are greatly
appreciated and will certainly help.

If you create an account at http://bugs.goldencheetah.org/ I'll give
you permissions to edit the Wiki.

Thanks,