[go-nuts] Introducing GoUDA : an experimental ORM

Benoît Larroque

Apr 20, 2010, 8:24:07 AM4/20/10
to golang-nuts
Hi all,

I decided to use one of my school projects to learn Go.

I have created a basic ORM using Go. it's called GoUDA for : Go
Unified Data Accessors (and because it's sounded good !).

It's obviously open source and released at github :
http://github.com/zetaben/gouda

Some features :
* A nice query syntax (I hope) ex :
MyModel.Where(gouda.F("field1").Eq("j")).Where(gouda.F("field2").Eq(42)).Order("c","ASC").First()
* Designed to be database agnostic.
* Pure Go

Warning : it's quite experimental and has known limitations (look at
the Readme file)

A sample web app using GoUDA can be found in the misc directory, there
is some documentation (and even a slide) on the github wiki (do ask if
some points are unclear !).

I certainly will appreciate any feedback! Anyway, I do think it was a
nice project to work on ;) and maybe it might be of some use to others
!

Regards,

Benoît LARROQUE

Sverre Rabbelier

Apr 20, 2010, 9:00:51 AM4/20/10
to Benoît Larroque, golang-nuts
Heya,

2010/4/20 Benoît Larroque <zeta...@gmail.com>:
> I have created a basic ORM using Go. it's called GoUDA for : Go
> Unified Data Accessors (and because it's sounded good !).

It also strangely reminds me of cheese. Tasty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gouda_(cheese)

--
Cheers,

Sverre Rabbelier

Xiance SI(司宪策)

Apr 20, 2010, 12:11:54 PM4/20/10
to Benoît Larroque, golang-nuts
Nice project! Thanks Benolt for sharing  :)

Xiance