[ANN] sawsij web framework

Jaybill McCarthy

Sep 17, 2012, 5:13:25 PM9/17/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I just finished the first version of a new web framework called sawsij. (pronounced "sausage")

The goal is to keep it lean and play to Go's strengths. I wanted something that would yield a "generic" web application that could quickly and easily be built on top of.

An abridged feature list:
  • Simple database abstraction
  • Configurable routes
  • Simple Auth/ACL
  • Template rendering and caching
  • Database versioning migration tool
  • Rails-style application generator with database configuration
I'd love any feedback that isn't "*sigh*, another web framework." ;)

ChrisLu

Sep 18, 2012, 12:49:10 PM9/18/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I searched for a few clicks, and could not find a piece of sample code yet.

Jaybill McCarthy

Sep 18, 2012, 1:20:30 PM9/18/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
There's a complete tutorial (including sample code) for developing a small blog application:

--Jaybill

ChrisLu

Sep 18, 2012, 2:23:03 PM9/18/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I was trying to say, putting the code samples to the front page, and make lazy developers like me to see something I can feel right away.

Chris

Jaybill McCarthy

Sep 18, 2012, 2:36:05 PM9/18/12
to ChrisLu, golan...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, that's a good idea. There's not much in the way of a "call to action" there at the moment. I'll make it more obvious. Thanks!

--Jaybill