release.2010-12-08

Andrew Gerrand

Dec 7, 2010, 11:40:53 PM12/7/10
to golang-nuts
We've just tagged a new Go release, release.2010-12-08. As usual, you
can update by running:
hg pull
hg update release

This release includes some package changes. If you use the crypto/tls or
go/parser packages your code may require changes.

The crypto/tls package's Dial function now takes an additional *Config
argument. Most uses will pass nil to get the same default behavior as before.
See the documentation for details:
http://golang.org/pkg/crypto/tls/#Config
http://golang.org/pkg/crypto/tls/#Dial

The go/parser package's ParseFile function now takes a *token.FileSet as its
first argument. This is a pointer to a data structure used to store
position information. If you don't care about position information you
can pass "token.NewFileSet()". See the documentation for details:
http://golang.org/pkg/go/parser/#ParseFile

This release also splits the patent grant text out of the LICENSE file into a
separate PATENTS file and changes it to be more like the WebM grant.
These clarifications were made at the request of the Fedora project.

Other changes:
* [68]l: generate debug info for builtin structured types,
prettyprinting in gdb.
* 8l: add dynimport to import table in Windows PE (thanks Wei Guangjing).
* 8l, runtime: fix Plan 9 386 build (thanks Yuval Pavel Zholkover).
* all: fix broken calls to Printf etc.
* bufio: make Reader.Read implement io.Reader semantics (thanks Roger Peppe).
* build: allow archiver to be specified by HOST_AR (thanks Albert Strasheim).
* bytes: add Buffer.UnreadRune, Buffer.UnreadByte (thanks Roger Peppe).
* crypto/tls: fix build of certificate generation example (thanks
Christian Himpel).
* doc/install: describe GOHOSTOS and GOHOSTARCH.
* errchk: accept multiple source files (thanks Eoghan Sherry).
* exec.LookPath: return os.PathError instad of os.ENOENT (thanks
Michael Hoisie)..
* flag: fix format error in boolean error report,
handle multiple calls to flag.Parse.
* fmt: add %U format for standard Unicode representation of code point values.
* gc: fix method offsets of anonymous interfaces (thanks Eoghan Sherry),
skip undefined symbols in import . (thanks Eoghan Sherry).
* go/scanner: remove Tokenize - was only used in tests
* gobuilder: add buildroot command-line flag (thanks Devon H. O'Dell).
* html: unescape numeric entities (thanks Ryan Hitchman).
* http: Add EncodeQuery, helper for constructing query strings.
* ld: fix dwarf decoding of 64-bit reflect values (thanks Eoghan Sherry).
* math: improve accuracy of Exp2 (thanks Eoghan Sherry).
* runtime: add Goroutines (thanks Keith Rarick).
* sync: small naming fix for armv5 (thanks Dean Prichard).
* syscall, net: Add Recvmsg and Sendmsg on Linux (thanks Albert Strasheim).
* time: make After use fewer goroutines and host processes (thanks Roger Peppe).

Apologies if we missed anyone in the list above. We appreciate all your help.

To see a full list of changes between this and the previous release,
after updating, run:
hg log -r release.2010-12-02:release.2010-12-08

Enjoy.

Andrew

Dave Cheney

Dec 8, 2010, 12:11:07 AM12/8/10
to Andrew Gerrand, golang-nuts
Thanks for your hard work Go Team. I really appreciate the weekly releases.

Cheers

Dave

Archos

Dec 8, 2010, 4:26:24 AM12/8/10
to golang-nuts

On Dec 8, 4:40 am, Andrew Gerrand <a...@google.com> wrote:
> The go/parser package's ParseFile function now takes a *token.FileSet as its
> first argument. This is a pointer to a data structure used to store
> position information. If you don't care about position information you
> can pass "token.NewFileSet()". See the documentation for details:
>        http://golang.org/pkg/go/parser/#ParseFile
The documentation doesn't say about to pass "token.NewFileSet()"

Leandro Loriato

Dec 8, 2010, 10:30:12 AM12/8/10
to golang-nuts
Guys,

I'm getting the following error when building the release with ./all.bash :

--- cd ../test
bug: fixedbugs/bug313.go
bug: fixedbugs/bug314.go
174a175,187
> =========== fixedbugs/bug313.go
> BUG: errchk: fixedbugs/bug313.dir/a.go:10: missing expected error: 'undefined'
> errchk: unmatched error messages:
> fixedbugs/bug313.dir/b.go:7: internal compiler error: fault
>
> =========== fixedbugs/bug314.go
> panic: wrong method called
>
> panic PC=xxx
> BUG: bug314

1 known bugs; 2 unexpected bugs; test output differs
FAILED

Apparently, some test isn't passing in the new release... Is it just with me?

--
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the
world; the unreasonable persists in trying

Leandro Loriato

Dec 8, 2010, 10:34:37 AM12/8/10
to golang-nuts
and I forget to say I'm building it in a linux/amd64.

peterGo

Dec 8, 2010, 2:19:30 PM12/8/10
to golang-nuts
Leandro,

I don't see a problem. hg id 56e39c466cc1 release.2010-12-08/release,
linux, amd64.

Peter

On Dec 8, 10:30 am, Leandro Loriato <leandrolori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm getting the following error when building the release with ./all.bash :
>
> --- cd ../test
> bug: fixedbugs/bug313.go
> bug: fixedbugs/bug314.go
> 174a175,187> =========== fixedbugs/bug313.go
> > BUG: errchk: fixedbugs/bug313.dir/a.go:10: missing expected error: 'undefined'
> > errchk: unmatched error messages:
> > fixedbugs/bug313.dir/b.go:7: internal compiler error: fault
>
> > =========== fixedbugs/bug314.go
> > panic: wrong method called
>
> > panic PC=xxx
> > BUG: bug314
>
> 1 known bugs; 2 unexpected bugs; test output differs
> FAILED
>
> Apparently, some test isn't passing in the new release... Is it just with me?

Eoghan Sherry

Dec 8, 2010, 2:23:01 PM12/8/10
to Leandro Loriato, golang-nuts
On 8 December 2010 10:30, Leandro Loriato <leandro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm getting the following error when building the release with ./all.bash :
>
> --- cd ../test
> bug: fixedbugs/bug313.go
> bug: fixedbugs/bug314.go
> 174a175,187
>> =========== fixedbugs/bug313.go
>> BUG: errchk: fixedbugs/bug313.dir/a.go:10: missing expected error: 'undefined'
>> errchk: unmatched error messages:
>> fixedbugs/bug313.dir/b.go:7: internal compiler error: fault
>>
>> =========== fixedbugs/bug314.go
>> panic: wrong method called
>>
>> panic PC=xxx
>> BUG: bug314
>>
> 1 known bugs; 2 unexpected bugs; test output differs
> FAILED
>

> Apparently, some test isn't passing in the new release... Is it just with me?

These were both mine. I just pulled and built this release
(also on linux/amd64) and all tests pass. Those error messages
indicate your using an old 6g. Is that possible?

Eoghan

Leandro Loriato

Dec 8, 2010, 8:20:10 PM12/8/10
to Eoghan Sherry, golang-nuts
Yes, that seems to solve the problem.

In my current config, the bins were in /usr/local/bin. The first time
I ran the ./all.bash, the 6g was not the one from that release... I've
only moved the bins after I had finished building the release.

Now I've moved (again) the bins and then ran the build. The tests now
all passed.

Thank you all!