No hg (Mercurial) for RedHat Linux!!

mt

Jan 12, 2010, 2:15:43 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
Hi,

I could not find hg package for RedHat linux? Is there any alternative
way to get around this?

Thanks,
mt

Russ Cox

Jan 12, 2010, 2:20:54 PM1/12/10
to mt, golang-nuts
If you install python-setuptools you should be able
to do easy_install mercurial.

Russ

Ian Lance Taylor

Jan 12, 2010, 2:21:57 PM1/12/10
to mt, golang-nuts
mt <almur...@gmail.com> writes:

> I could not find hg package for RedHat linux? Is there any alternative
> way to get around this?

The RPM for hg is named "mercurial".

You should consider using easy_install instead if you have that. Or
see http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Download .

Ian

Ed Marshall

Jan 12, 2010, 2:22:32 PM1/12/10
to mt, golang-nuts

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/mercurial/

--
Ed Marshall <e...@logic.net>
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.

mt

Jan 12, 2010, 2:47:24 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
Thanks for your prompt replies. Now I got the hg installed.

I don't know what the cause of the following problem:

$ hg clone -r release https://go.googlecode.com/hg/ $GOROOT
destination directory: hg
abort: error: Name or service not known

Any idea?

Dean Prichard

Jan 12, 2010, 3:34:39 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
can you ping go.googlecode.com?

are you behind a proxy server?

mt

Jan 12, 2010, 5:49:25 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
yes, i am behind a firewall and cannot ping go.googlecode.com.

I disabled firewall by executing the following commads:

/etc/init.d/iptables save
/etc/init.d/iptables stop

but I still cannot ping that address!

any I can do to get that working?

Thanks

Dean Prichard

Jan 12, 2010, 5:58:50 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
maybe a dns problem? can you nslookup go.googlecode.com

mt

Jan 12, 2010, 6:49:32 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
my linux box doesn't have nslookup installed. just wasted too much
time on trying to install nslookup but couldn't go anywhere. is there
another check that we can do other than nslookup?

Thanks

Dean Prichard

Jan 12, 2010, 6:56:46 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
host or dig

mt

Jan 12, 2010, 7:00:08 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
Nope. none worked :(

mt

Jan 12, 2010, 10:31:08 PM1/12/10
to golang-nuts
so when i execute the following command (as root this time):

hg clone -r release https://go.googlecode.com/hg/ $GOROOT

i only get:

destination directory: hg
abort: destination 'hg' already exists

Does this mean hg has been installed? if so,

this next step fails:

$ cd $GOROOT/src
-bash: cd: /src: No such file or directory

Thanks

Andrew Gerrand

Jan 12, 2010, 10:36:25 PM1/12/10
to mt, golang-nuts
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:31 PM, mt <almur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hg clone -r release https://go.googlecode.com/hg/ $GOROOT
> destination directory: hg
> abort: destination 'hg' already exists

> $ cd $GOROOT/src

> -bash: cd: /src: No such file or directory

These errors would indicate that $GOROOT environment variable is not
defined in your shell.

Have you followed the instructions in the 'Environment Variables'
section of the 'Install' document?
http://golang.org/doc/install.html#tmp_17

Of particular note is the final step:

env | grep '^GO'

If, after entering the above command, you do not see the three
environment variables (GOROOT, GOARCH, and GOOS) with the correct
values then you must remedy that first.

Please follow the instructions on the above page carefully and let us
know if you have further issues.

Andrew