Once-off test failure in strconv

Albert Strasheim

Feb 6, 2012, 4:36:54 PM2/6/12
to golang-dev
Hello all

Our Go builder produced a once-off test failure in strconv:

--- FAIL: TestAppendUintDoesntAllocate-16 (0.00 seconds)
itoa_test.go:146: with local buffer, did 7 allocations, want 1
FAIL
FAIL strconv 0.057s

This was with revision 34e1fd6b8b79 on linux/amd64. I have been trying
to reproduce it with that revision and tip, but no luck so far.

Any thoughts on what could have made this test fail this one time?

Could the MemStats changes in 4696c572aaa6 (which came just after
34e1fd6b8b79) affected anything here?

Regards

Albert

Albert Strasheim

Feb 6, 2012, 7:20:42 PM2/6/12
to golang-dev
Hello

Saw this again with a build of 8b5d33d3dccd (very close to tip), so it
seems it doesn't have anything to do with the MemStats changes.

Filed an issue:

http://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=2894

Regards

Albert