CRM in Buffer List

Bob Nelson

Feb 1, 2008, 2:01:34 AM2/1/08
What do the letters ``CRM'' mean in the Buffer List (C-b C-x). The GNU Emacs
(22.1) info manual explains the contents of what's present but doesn't
treat the ``CRM''.

And where _should_ I have looked in the GNU Emacs manuals to avoid bothering
the contributors to this newsgroup?

Johan Bockgård

Feb 1, 2008, 4:33:23 AM2/1/08

,----[ C-h k C-x C-b ]
`----

,----

`----

--
Johan Bockgård

Bob Nelson

Feb 1, 2008, 11:24:57 AM2/1/08
Johan Bockgård wrote:

> Bob Nelson <bne...@nelsonbe.com> writes:
>
>> What do the letters ``CRM'' mean in the Buffer List (C-b C-x).
>
> ,----

> | buffer-menu
> | [...]
> | The first column shows `>' for a buffer you have
> | marked to be displayed, `D' for one you have marked for
> | deletion, and `.' for the current buffer.
> |
> | The C column has a `.' for the buffer from which you came.
> | The R column has a `%' if the buffer is read-only.
> | The M column has a `*' if it is modified,

M == modified.
R -- read-only

So what does 'C' stand for? C == came?

Eli Zaretskii