GNOME Do 0.8 Alpha 3

David Siegel

Jan 18, 2009, 2:02:32 PM1/18/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
Good morning! We've just uploaded the third alpha release of Do 0.8.
This includes mainly bug fixes. All current alpha testers are
encouraged to update, and if you aren't currently testing, please join
the fun!

Intrepid PPA: https://edge.launchpad.net/~do-testers/+archive/ppa
Intrepid 64bit: https://edge.launchpad.net/do/trunk/0.7.96

Tarballs:
gnome-do: http://edge.launchpad.net/do/trunk/0.7.96/+download/gnome-do-0.7.96.tar.gz
gnome-do-plugins:
http://edge.launchpad.net/do-plugins/trunk/0.7.96/+download/gnome-do-plugins-0.7.96.tar.gz

Thank you,
David

jONy KaLaVeRa

Jan 18, 2009, 3:32:41 PM1/18/09
to GNOME Do
i just installed both debs and i get no other theme than classic. how
do i get docky?
thanx for any help

On 18 ene, 13:02, David Siegel <djsie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good morning! We've just uploaded the third alpha release of Do 0.8.
> This includes mainly bug fixes. All current alpha testers are
> encouraged to update, and if you aren't currently testing, please join
> the fun!
>
> Intrepid PPA:https://edge.launchpad.net/~do-testers/+archive/ppa
> Intrepid 64bit:https://edge.launchpad.net/do/trunk/0.7.96
>
> Tarballs:
>   gnome-do:http://edge.launchpad.net/do/trunk/0.7.96/+download/gnome-do-0.7.96.t...
>   gnome-do-plugins:http://edge.launchpad.net/do-plugins/trunk/0.7.96/+download/gnome-do-...
>
> Thank you,
> David

David Siegel

Jan 18, 2009, 3:33:19 PM1/18/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
You need compositing enabled for any theme other than classic.

Miguel Pires

Jan 18, 2009, 3:37:24 PM1/18/09
to GNOME Do
I am testing in Ubuntu Intrepid and I am experiencing just two minor
problems: Some actions always default to "Copy to clipboard".
If I search for a Pidgin contact, the default action is Copy to
clipboard rather than Chat. This also happens to (home) directories
where the default should be Open.

Otherwise it completely rocks.

David Siegel

Jan 18, 2009, 3:38:48 PM1/18/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
Are you using the latest alpha? This bug was fixed a little while ago.

Miguel Pires

Jan 18, 2009, 3:57:32 PM1/18/09
to GNOME Do
The problem with the default action is showed in the screenshot:
http://i44.tinypic.com/wv3dqo.png

It only relates to the plugins Files and folders and Pidgin. For
instance, programs have Run as the default action.

David Siegel

Jan 18, 2009, 4:03:02 PM1/18/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
No, the Pidgin buddy thing I understand, I am trying to verify that
this does not occur for files and folders. Is Open the default for
files and folders?

David

Álvaro

Jan 18, 2009, 5:17:55 PM1/18/09
to GNOME Do
Hi there,

First of all, thanks to the development team for your effort.

I am having trouble compiling the alpha3 on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

./configure works ok (after installing all dependencies), but I get
five compilation errores as trying make. I paste both outputs.

Regards,Álvao

./configure
//--------
checking for gawk... gawk
checking how to create a pax tar archive... gnutar
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for intltool >= 0.35.0... 0.37.1 found
checking for intltool-update... /usr/bin/intltool-update
checking for intltool-merge... /usr/bin/intltool-merge
checking for intltool-extract... /usr/bin/intltool-extract
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... ok
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for ngettext in libc... yes
checking for dgettext in libc... yes
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
checking for msgfmt... (cached) /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for dcgettext... yes
checking if msgfmt accepts -c... yes
checking for gmsgfmt... (cached) /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... (cached) /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for catalogs to be installed... ar ast bg br ca cs da de el
en_AU en_CA en_GB es et fa fi fr ga hu id is it ja lt lv mk nb nl nn
pl pt_BR pt ru sk sl sr sv ta te th tr uk vi zh_CN zh_HK zh_TW
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for gmcs... /usr/bin/gmcs
checking for LINQ flag for mcs... -langversion:linq
checking for gconftool-2... /usr/bin/gconftool-2
Using config source xml:merged:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults for
schema installation
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema
files
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 98304
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ar... ar
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for LIBDO... yes
checking for GCONF_SHARP_20... yes
checking for GLADE_SHARP_20... yes
checking for GLIB_SHARP_20... yes
checking for GNOME_DESKTOP_SHARP_20... yes
checking for GNOME_KEYRING_SHARP... yes
checking for GNOME_SHARP_20... yes
checking for GNOME_VFS_SHARP_20... yes
checking for GTK_SHARP_20... yes
checking for MONO_ADDINS... yes
checking for MONO_ADDINS_GUI... yes
checking for MONO_ADDINS_SETUP... yes
checking for NDESK_DBUS_10... yes
checking for NDESK_DBUS_GLIB_10... yes
checking for NOTIFY_SHARP... yes
checking for WNCK_SHARP_10... yes
checking for NUNIT... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Do/Do.exe.config
config.status: creating Do/Makefile
config.status: creating Do/gnome-do
config.status: creating Do/src/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating Do.DBus/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.DBus/src/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating Do.Interface.Linux/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Interface.Linux/src/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating Do.Interface.Linux.Classic/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Interface.Linux.Docky/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Interface.Linux.GlassFrame/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Interface.Linux.HUD/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Interface.Linux.Mini/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Platform/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Platform/src/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating Do.Platform.Linux/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Platform.Linux/src/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating Do.Platform.OSX/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating Do.Platform.Windows/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating Do.Universe/Makefile
config.status: creating Do.Universe/src/AssemblyInfo.cs
config.status: creating libdo/Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating data/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/16x16/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/22x22/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/24x24/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/32x32/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/48x48/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/scalable/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating m4/Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: executing default-1 commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
config.status: executing po/stamp-it commands
# INTLTOOL_MAKEFILE
//----------------

make
//-------------
larry@ubuntu:~/Escritorio/gnome-do/gnome-do-0.7.96$ make
Making all in .
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/
gnome-do-0.7.96'
make[1]: No se hace nada para `all-am'.
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/gnome-
do-0.7.96'
Making all in Do.Universe
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/
gnome-do-0.7.96/Do.Universe'
Compiling Do.Universe.dll...
Generating do.universe.pc...
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/gnome-
do-0.7.96/Do.Universe'
Making all in Do.Platform
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/
gnome-do-0.7.96/Do.Platform'
Compiling Do.Platform.dll...
./src/Do.Platform/Do.Platform.Preferences/PreferencesImplementation.cs
(103,22): warning CS0169: The private method
`Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation<TOwner>.Set<T>
(Do.Platform.IPreferencesService, string, T)' is never used
./src/Do.Platform/Do.Platform.Preferences/PreferencesImplementation.cs
(118,22): warning CS0169: The private method
`Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation<TOwner>.TryGet<T>
(Do.Platform.IPreferencesService, string, T, out T)' is never used
./src/Do.Platform/Do.Platform.Preferences/PreferencesImplementation.cs
(130,22): warning CS0169: The private method
`Do.Platform.Preferences.PreferencesImplementation<TOwner>.TryGet<T>
(Do.Platform.IPreferencesService, string, out T)' is never used
Compilation succeeded - 3 warning(s)
Generating do.platform.pc...
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/gnome-
do-0.7.96/Do.Platform'
Making all in Do.Interface.Linux
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/
gnome-do-0.7.96/Do.Interface.Linux'
Compiling Do.Interface.Linux.dll...
./src/Do.Interface/Do.Interface.AnimationBase/BezelColors.cs(107,73):
error CS1501: No overload for method `ShadeColor' takes `1' arguments
./src/Do.Interface/Do.Interface.AnimationBase/BezelColors.cs(108,77):
error CS1501: No overload for method `ShadeColor' takes `1' arguments
./src/Do.Interface/Do.Interface.AnimationBase/BezelColors.cs(109,77):
error CS1501: No overload for method `ShadeColor' takes `1' arguments
./src/Do.Interface/Do.Interface.AnimationBase/BezelColors.cs(110,73):
error CS1501: No overload for method `ShadeColor' takes `1' arguments
./src/Do.Interface/Do.Interface.AnimationBase/BezelColors.cs(111,73):
error CS1501: No overload for method `ShadeColor' takes `1' arguments
Compilation failed: 5 error(s), 0 warnings
make[1]: *** [../build/Do.Interface.Linux.dll] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/larry/Escritorio/gnome-do/gnome-
do-0.7.96/Do.Interface.Linux'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
larry@ubuntu:~/Escritorio/gnome-do/gnome-do-0.7.96$
//---------------

On 18 ene, 22:03, David Siegel <djsie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, the Pidgin buddy thing I understand, I am trying to verify that
> this does not occur for files and folders. Is Open the default for
> files and folders?
>
> David

Christopher Halse Rogers

Jan 18, 2009, 5:24:21 PM1/18/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Álvaro <registr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> First of all, thanks to the development team for your effort.
>
> I am having trouble compiling the alpha3 on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

Actually, we don't support Ubuntu 8.04 - Do requires a Mono version >=
1.9, because we use a variety of C# 3.0 features.

> ./configure works ok (after installing all dependencies), but I get
> five compilation errores as trying make. I paste both outputs.

The fact that configure works is a bug; it should complain about
having a too-old compiler!

You can get it to work by installing the backported Mono found in
directhex's Badgerports repository:
http://directhex.mfgames.com/hardy.html
He's one of the Debian mono packagers, so these should be high-quality
backports.

Miguel Pires

Jan 18, 2009, 5:34:02 PM1/18/09
to GNOME Do
The default action for Files and Folders is also Copy to clipboard. I
looked into the plugin's configuration and nothing appears, it's
blank. Should I purge the plugin folder or something similar?

On Jan 18, 10:24 pm, "Christopher Halse Rogers"

luismm...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2009, 5:41:58 PM1/18/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
How do I configure my Files and Folders plugin? In the configuration
panel nothing shows up...

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Jan 18, 2009, 10:56:33 PM1/18/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 5:41 PM, <luismm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I configure my Files and Folders plugin? In the configuration
> panel nothing shows up...

I was going to ask the same question. I used to configure paths and
depths so that I could index items in my ~/bin and primary documents
directories -- and now cannot do this.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy -- especially as with a new release, I
re-examined the plugins, and found ones for virtualbox and tinyurl. :)
--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
mweiero...@gmail.com

Chris Mattes

Jan 19, 2009, 8:50:23 AM1/19/09
to GNOME Do
The VirtualBox plugin causes Gnome-Do to crash. I don't know if it
happened before, I just found the VirtualBox and activated it with the
current alpha...

VirtualBox 2.0.6 on Ubuntu 8.10

I get the following stacktrace when trying to start an existing VM:

Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException
to handle the exception.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object
at Do.Core.HistogramRelevanceProvider.IncreaseRelevance
(Do.Universe.Element o, System.String match, Do.Universe.Element
other) [0x00000]
at Do.Core.Element_RelevanceProvider.IncreaseRelevance
(Do.Universe.Element self, System.String match, Do.Universe.Element
other) [0x00000]
at Do.Core.Controller.PerformAction (Boolean vanish) [0x00000]
at Do.Core.Controller.OnActivateKeyPressEvent (Gdk.EventKey evnt)
[0x00000]
at Do.Core.Controller.KeyPressWrap (Gdk.EventKey evnt) [0x00000]
at
Do.Interface.AnimationBase.AbstractAnimatedInterface.OnKeyPressEvent
(Gdk.EventKey evnt) [0x00000]
at Gtk.Widget.keypressevent_cb (IntPtr widget, IntPtr evnt)
[0x00000]
at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException(System.Exception
e, Boolean is_terminal)
at Gtk.Widget.keypressevent_cb(IntPtr widget, IntPtr evnt)
at Gtk.Widget.keypressevent_cb(IntPtr , IntPtr )
at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
at Gtk.Application.Run()
at Do.Do.Main(System.String[] args)

BostonPeng

Jan 19, 2009, 8:51:01 AM1/19/09
to GNOME Do
On Jan 18, 5:41 pm, luismmonti...@gmail.com wrote:
> How do I configure my Files and Folders plugin? In the configuration
> panel nothing shows up...

I got the update this morning (from the Launchpad PPA) and that bug is
fixed. It's nice to be able to set up my file and folder search again.

Miguel Pires

Jan 19, 2009, 10:01:11 AM1/19/09
to GNOME Do
The Files and folder plugin is configurable again, as well as being
fixed the default action, to Open.

The Pidgin plugin still has Copy to clipboard as default though.

Sean Dague

Jan 19, 2009, 6:12:35 PM1/19/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com

When any of the devs get a chance, I have a proposed merge on some fixes
for the nx plugin waiting on launch pad (the version in all the alphas
doesn't work).

Thanks,

-Sean

--