How to clear the icon cache?

mrsharumpe

Apr 14, 2008, 2:15:35 PM4/14/08
to GNOME Do
Gnome-Do has pointed out just how many low-quality icons I have for my
applications. I am replacing them, but am having trouble getting
gnome-do to use the new icons. "Replacing" in this case has been
downloading a 128x128 or 256x256 PNG, and changing the .desktop file
for the application (e.g. MozillaFirefox.desktop) to use the new
icon. Nautilus shows the icon as desired.

How do I clear Gnome-Do's icon cache? I have tried restarting gnome-
do, and have even tried logging out and back in.

Thanks,
Tim

David Siegel

Apr 14, 2008, 3:01:15 PM4/14/08
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
When you change desktop files (depending on how you do it) for some reason, GNOME decides to keep  copy of the old one around but just hide it. Do sees both the old and new copies. Delete the old ones and you should be good to go.

David

Seif Lotfy

Apr 14, 2008, 5:03:53 PM4/14/08
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
Well for now Kevin Kubasik isnt welcoming it so much neither am I since
I will be commiting a huge chuck of code tomorrow. lets create a dev
team first then move to git.
Cheers
Seif

David Siegel