Dot plots and violin plots

Winston Chang

Dec 11, 2011, 4:16:21 PM12/11/11
to ggplot2
Hi everyone -

I've recently implemented violin plots and dot plots for ggplot2. Here's a sampling of what you can do with them:

violin-nofullwidth.png violin-boxplot.png

dotplot.png dotplot-y-groupx-violin.png

For more information, see:

If you want to try them out, you can install this development branch without interfering with your regular installation of ggplot2:
install.packages("devtools")
library(devtools)
dev_mode()
install_github("ggplot2", "wch", "feature/wdotplot")

In each R session where you want to use this version, just run:
library(devtools)
dev_mode()
library(ggplot2)

To use your regular ggplot2 installation, just restart R.

I'm still working on these things, so keep in mind that they may change (and break) in the near future.

Feedback is welcome!
-Winston
violin-nofullwidth.png
violin-boxplot.png