GeoAPI now @twitter!

Othman

Dec 23, 2009, 5:09:02 PM12/23/09
to GeoAPI
Hi Everyone,

Since we launched GeoAPI a little over a month ago, we've seen
hundreds of developers sign up and a long list of powerful and
creative uses of geo information. We are happy to announce today that
we have been acquired by Twitter and will be integrating GeoAPI into
the Twitter API. We are very excited to be joining forces with
Twitter, as we believe that this will strengthen our community and
open support for geo-enabled applications.

You can read about it on the GeoAPI Blog (http://geoapi.blogspot.com/)
and Twitter Blog (http://blog.twitter.com/).

We wanted to give everyone a heads up on the good news. While we are
still figuring out how to integrate GeoAPI into Twitter, the current
GeoAPI will keep running. We will make sure to solicit everyone's
feedback as we figure out how the combined API(s) will evolve. Stay
tuned!

-Othman

Royce

Dec 23, 2009, 5:23:25 PM12/23/09
to GeoAPI
"...While we are still figuring out how to integrate GeoAPI into
Twitter, the current GeoAPI will keep running....."

Congrats on this major step.. of course I would like to know what the
above sentence means!

Othman

Dec 23, 2009, 5:40:41 PM12/23/09
to GeoAPI
Hi Royce,

Thanks - we're looking forward to working with the folks at Twitter.

We have no plans to retire the current GeoAPI, but as my post says,
the integration plan is still being figured out. We'll definitely be
requesting input from the GeoAPI and Twitter developer communities, so
it'll be great to get input from everyone as we go through the
process.

-Othman

Randika Rathugama

Dec 23, 2009, 10:01:09 PM12/23/09
to geo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Looking forward to work with the release. Keep it up guys.

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
Randika Rathugama