Page Template

willit0

May 13, 2011, 8:31:06 PM5/13/11
to Gantry Framework for WordPress Users
Hi,

I want to create a custom page template to display custom post types.
I tried creating page-artistas.php inside /wp-content/themes/
rt_gantry_wp/html/ but wordpress don't recognize it.
If I put in /wp-content/themes/rt_gantry_wp/ wordpress recognize it
but design isn't working.

Any way to do this?

Nadine Wildmann

May 15, 2011, 10:31:40 AM5/15/11
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com

I have this issue with the Zephyr and Juxta themes.

Third level drop-down menus don't show until you scroll down and then back
up. Therefore it looks to most users like there are no third level menus.

http://nine.yoursteppinstone.com/
http://www.davidsland.com/

Thank you

Jakub - RocketTheme

May 16, 2011, 6:24:03 AM5/16/11
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, but it's a little bit more complicated with Gantry, than with the WP itself, because of usage different chromes and layouts.
Basicaly you need to follow these steps :

1. Duplicate the index.php file from the theme root directory and name it to something else ie. page-artistas.php
2. Add to that file template declaration like with any other WP page template (in the comment area at the top of the file)
3. Find this line :

<?php echo $gantry->displayMainbody('mainbody','sidebar','standard','standard','standard','standard','standard'); ?>

and change the name of the loaded body layout (mainbody in that case) to something else ie.

<?php echo $gantry->displayMainbody('artistas','sidebar','standard','standard','standard','standard','standard'); ?>

4. Save the file
5. Go to the wp-content/plugins/gantry/html/layouts and copy the file body_mainbody.php to theme-directory/html/layouts/
6. Rename the file to body_artistas.php
7. Edit the body_artistas.php file and change the classname from GantryLayoutBody_MainBody to GantryLayoutBody_Artistas
8. Now you can edit the new body layout to your needs

Hope this helpes :)

Jakub

> --
>
> Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org

Jakub - RocketTheme

May 16, 2011, 6:24:36 AM5/16/11
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is already fixed in the latest Gantry. Please update your Gantry plugin as you're still using version 1.12

Thanks
Jakub

willit0

May 18, 2011, 5:06:26 AM5/18/11
to Gantry Framework for WordPress Users
I edited some of the theme files. What should I do to update and don't
lose the changes?
> >http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?h...

Jakub - RocketTheme

May 23, 2011, 6:24:30 AM5/23/11
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just update the plugin alone - if you didn't modified the Gantry plugin core files you should be just fine. The theme should
be left untouched.

Thanks
Jakub

> http://groups.google.com/group/gantry-framework-for-wordpress-users?hl=en

myhero

Jul 19, 2013, 1:56:37 PM7/19/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, william....@gmail.com
Hi there,

Thanks for the tut, I've followed this and am wondering if the layout is edited visually on Gantry or is it only done via coding?

When I click on Gantry plugin Templates the one one displayed is contact. Is this as it should be?

Regards

Juanito Gallon

Jul 19, 2013, 2:00:30 PM7/19/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, william....@gmail.com
Got a Link??

Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (myhe...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

On Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:31:06 AM UTC+2, willit0 wrote:

Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gantry Framework for WordPress Users" group.

Juanito Gallon
Owner of Juandesign.ca

gallon...@gmail.com