Heartbeat+Ganeti+DRBD

Andreas

Aug 9, 2011, 5:34:00 AM8/9/11
to ganeti
Hello.

I am considering setting up Heartbeat for our Ganeti environment but
wanted to check here for suggestions on how to make it work.
To my understanding you have to make your own scripts to work with
ganeti but for DRBD there is already some basic scripts ready.
Is there anyone else that has done this and know a good way to set i
up, I really don't want heartbeat to mess up my DRBD disks in case
something happens.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Andreas

Guido Trotter

Aug 10, 2011, 10:24:18 AM8/10/11
to gan...@googlegroups.com

In short, you don't want heartbeat for your ganeti drbd disks. This is
because the use case of running VMs on the local node is quite
different. What you want is monitoring that automatically decides when
to run ganeti failover/migrate commands.

Thanks,

Guido