Using Gallio.Echo under Linux with mono

Hobi

Jun 16, 2010, 2:06:40 AM6/16/10
to gallio-user
Hi,

i tried to run Gallio.Echo on Linux using Mono 2.4/2.6 ... but I did
not succeed. I failed due to various reasons, like

Gallo.Echo was not able to launch Gallio.Host.x86.exe - as a "exe" is
nothing which can be started directly on linux ... i tweaked a little
bit by wrapping the exe into shell scripts - which seemed to succeed
in the end (at least got no further error messages)
Gallio was not able to connect to the host process ... no idea why -
and no solution found
Switching between the different execution models did not help ...
"Local" did not work at all, "IsololatedProcess" was not able to
commuicate with the host process ... and "IsololatedAppDomain" failed
for similar problems

Is there any known way to use Gallio.Echo on Linux? Or any hint which
could help me?

Thanks

Graham Hay

Jun 20, 2010, 3:06:43 PM6/20/10
to galli...@googlegroups.com
The short answer is no :( I know some work was done to get Gallio
running on Mono, but there's obviously still some way to go. If you're
interested in getting it working we'd be happy to help/accept
contributions.

Thanks,

Graham