The Wikipedia article of the SFK

Heroid Shehu

Sep 2, 2009, 2:35:11 AM9/2/09
to Free Software Conference
We recently created an wikipedia article so we must keep it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/SoftwareFreedomKosovo#SoftwareFreedomKosovo wanna help??? If yes then please vote to keep it. Get yourself a wikipedia account if you dont have one.
Cheers...

Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
--
Thanks.

--
Thanks.

Milot SHALA

Sep 2, 2009, 4:38:07 AM9/2/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I've started to add the schedule: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoftwareFreedomKosovo

Day 1 is finished, just I want the opinion from everybody to see if that style is good. Later I will be adding day 2.
--
Milot SHALA
gtalk: milot...@gmail.com

Giuseppe Maxia

Sep 2, 2009, 4:44:45 AM9/2/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I don't think is a good idea. A wikipedia article about a specific
event doesn't sound right, and if we insist on proposing it, we will
alienate the goodwill of a very important open source project.
We can be informational, like the OSCON page, but leave the details in
the event page itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Reilly_Open_Source_Convention

Giuseppe
--
The Data Charmer
http://datacharmer.org/

Brian King

Sep 2, 2009, 4:45:14 AM9/2/09
Milot SHALA wrote:
> I've started to add the schedule:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoftwareFreedomKosovo
>
> Day 1 is finished, just I want the opinion from everybody to see if that
> style is good. Later I will be adding day 2.

Wouldn't a link to the schedule be enough? I think more space should be
taken up by a summary of events, goals of the conference, and so on. A
picture or two would be nice too!

--
Brian King
Need Mozilla Project Hosting?

Milot SHALA

Sep 2, 2009, 5:26:44 AM9/2/09
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Brian King <briks.si@gmail.com> wrote:

Milot SHALA wrote:
> I've started to add the schedule:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoftwareFreedomKosovo
>
> Day 1 is finished, just I want the opinion from everybody to see if that
> style is good. Later I will be adding day 2.

Wouldn't a link to the schedule be enough? I think more space should be
taken up by a summary of events, goals of the conference, and so on. A
picture or two would be nice too!

You are absolutely right.

Please someone do that, because it isn't the right time for me to edit that at this moment.

--
Brian King
Need Mozilla Project Hosting?
http://mozdev.org

Aeternus

Sep 8, 2009, 5:25:44 AM9/8/09
to Free Software Conference
Software Freedom Kosova is about to be deleted from WIkipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/SoftwareFreedomKosovo

But the Koha Ditore article may help. Can someone translate it to
English? Other newspaper articles can help as well.

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Sep 8, 2009, 5:30:04 AM9/8/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Sep 8, 2009, 5:38:40 AM9/8/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Well,
we can put the page on other wikis as well.
we can make a wikibook for the conference for example.
mike

James Michael DuPont

Sep 8, 2009, 5:56:02 AM9/8/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
The discussion is not about if such events are supposed to be in wikipedia,
but if our event is notable.
we need to prove that it was worth being in the wikipedia,
we need external references and supporting evidence.
external newspapers listings etc.
mike

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Heroid Shehu <her...@ayih.org> wrote:

--
James Michael DuPont
Founding Board Member

Aeternus

Sep 12, 2009, 10:52:16 AM9/12/09
to Free Software Conference
The article has been deleted.

James Michael DuPont

Sep 12, 2009, 11:01:39 AM9/12/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Yes.
At least we tried.
We can always put it on the albanian wikipedia.
http://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flossk
we can make a section about the conference there.

mike

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Aeternus <petrit.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

The article has been deleted.

James Michael DuPont

Sep 12, 2009, 11:03:15 AM9/12/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
But we are learning about the problems of wikipedia in kosovo.
The wikipedia people are not interested in supporting us just because we support them.
Also we need to do better press work.
Has there been any english language press about us?
What about a press release about the conference?
I think there is alot of work to do.
mike

Amir Neziri

Sep 12, 2009, 11:13:21 AM9/12/09