ICEauthority

gupta.c...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2010, 11:20:15 AM11/8/10
to foss-nepal
Hi,
Yesterday I changed the log-in settings.. from ask password while log-in to dont ask password.
the next time i re-boot my system got this error

error1. could not update ICEauthority file /home/user/.ICEauthority

after closing that pop up I got next error pop-up

error2: There is a  problem with the configuration server. (/usr/lib/libconfg2-4/gconf-sanity-check2 exited with status 256)

error3: Nautilus could not create the following required folders: /home/user/Desktop/,/home/user/.nautilus

thought of searching the solutin in ubuntu-forums thread.. got some thread.. one of which i followed and deleted the .ICEauthority file :( :(
should not have deleted that coz I got another solution like chmod stuff for it. but pathetically theh ICEauthority is deleted.
Now what can be done?

please suggest...
¬chandan

gupta.c...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2010, 12:26:28 PM11/8/10
to foss-nepal

I created a new user by
alt+ctrl+f2
logging in
and
sudo adduser toto (eg toto is my username)
sudo adduser toto admin

then I was able to login with this user.
but I am not accessed to the folders like music, documents, home, etc of previous user.

how can I ?
can I create a .ICEauthority file for previous user?
I want even access to my previous user..

gupta.c...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2010, 5:12:02 AM11/9/10
to foss-nepal
got the solution
what I did is here..
First created a different user and  was able to log in from there.
then
system>administrator>users and groups.
from there changed the <dont ask password at login> to <ask password at login> for the previous user.
and reboot.
tried with the previous user. all done :) :) worked perfectly :) :)

thanks everybody :)

Manohar Bhattarai

Nov 9, 2010, 5:35:50 AM11/9/10
to foss-...@googlegroups.com

We must say thank you for posting a problem and solving it. This will help a lot of other users having similar problem.

--
Regards,
Manohar Bhattarai (मनोहर भट्टराई)

gupta.c...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2010, 6:59:37 AM11/9/10
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
:) :) I am accessed to several mailing list. when I get any problem I send mail to all mailing list after enough googling..
I also post it to forums. and I dont see most of the threads with [SOLVED] tag thought most of them are solved.. just because after getting solution they dont bother to waste again their time to write the last thing. which is not in fact the FOSS way.
So I suggest peoples not to do like this.
Hope fossnepal members will build this culture.. :) :)

Cheers!
chandan