HTML editor in Flex (Non AIR application)

Sangeeta Kalyani

Dec 24, 2008, 12:43:45 AM12/24/08
to Flex India Community
Hi,
Is there any flex control in which i can see html content. My
html content contains images also.

1. I have used <mx:Html> tag with htmlText option. But i could
not see images in the content.
2. Moreover <mx:Html> tag can be used in AIR applications only. I
need this for normal flex application.

Sangeeta Kalyani

Flexian_me

Dec 24, 2008, 4:16:22 AM12/24/08
to Flex India Community
use itemRenderer with Text area or so . It will solve your problem.

On Dec 24, 10:43 am, Sangeeta Kalyani <kalyani.sange...@gmail.com>

Abdul Qabiz

Dec 24, 2008, 10:17:45 AM12/24/08
to flex_...@googlegroups.com
Adobe Flash Player has limited capability to show rich text (html or rtf
or something else). Generally, we either don't use Flash/Flex for rich
text stuff or we overlay an html IFRAME over flex app to show html
content, it's a workaround that works well.

Search for Flex+IFrame technique, you would find a lot of examples.

-abdul

Krishna

Dec 24, 2008, 5:20:38 PM12/24/08
to Flex India Community
Be aware that the IFrame solution is problematic:

http://www.deitte.com/archives/2008/07/dont_use_iframe.htm

(as I am discovering)

On Dec 24, 12:43 am, Sangeeta Kalyani <kalyani.sange...@gmail.com>