"console not defined" error w/ Firebug update

Rob

Aug 27, 2008, 3:05:53 PM8/27/08
to Firebug
My Firebug just updated itself (to 1.2) and now I'm getting the error:

console is not defined
[Break on this error] console.log("validateUserId() is called");

When this happens, it seems to stop running the ECMAscript.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.16

John J Barton

Aug 27, 2008, 4:04:48 PM8/27/08
to Firebug
For FF2, issue
window.loadFirebugConsole()
in you JS before you use the console.

Rob

Aug 28, 2008, 1:10:16 PM8/28/08
to Firebug
Thanks. ^_^ That fixes it.

David Dahl

Aug 28, 2008, 8:04:18 PM8/28/08
to Firebug
That does not fix it on Firefox 2.0.0.3 on Linux, and due to the
environment where I work upgrading the browser is NOT an option. Is
there anything else to try?

Regards,

David

Jonas

Aug 29, 2008, 3:19:42 PM8/29/08
to Firebug

> For FF2, issue
> window.loadFirebugConsole()
> in you JS before you use the console.

It does *not* fix the problem for me. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.16 on
Windows 2000. Firebug is now almost useless because it keeps giving me
a "console is not defined" error every time it encounters a
console.log in the code. How do I downgrade back to Firebug 1.0 or
whatever the version was called that I was using before?

I upgraded to Firebug 2 as part of my preparations for eventually
upgrading Firefox to version 3. They should have warned people that
Firebug 1.2 should only be installed *after* you upgrade Firefox to
version 3.

Thanks,
Jonas