Bug 1.4 - Permission denied to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass Error

Nick Cooper

Jul 17, 2009, 4:11:54 AM7/17/09
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have been using Smartclient (a javascript framework) for a while now and since version 1.4 of Firebug have been having the following problem.

onreadystatechange FAILS Error: Permission denied for <http://www.smartclient.com> to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass Error: Permission denied for <http://www.smartclient.com> to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass readystatechange

If you visit the following URL with Firebug 1.4 enabled you will see the problem (note it doesn't happen every time, you may need to reload a couple of times).

With the previous version of Firebug 1.3 there was no issue.

Firebug 1.3 was used with Firefox 3 and Firebug 1.4 with Firefox 3.5.

If you disable Firebug 1.4 again there is no issue.

Thanks,

Nick

rrd

Jul 17, 2009, 10:20:01 AM7/17/09
to Firebug
I have the same on localhost

David Dorward

Jul 17, 2009, 5:38:43 AM7/17/09
to Firebug
On Jul 17, 9:11 am, Nick Cooper <nick.coo...@jdi-solutions.co.uk>
wrote:
> onreadystatechange FAILS Error: Permission denied for <http://www.smartclient.com> to create wrapper for object of class
> UnnamedClass Error: Permission denied for <http://www.smartclient.com> to
> create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass readystatechange

I have been experiencing this bug too. It also occurs intermittently.

However, I am not using Smartclient but a homebrew system (which is
not currently public).

--
David Dorward

johnjbarton

Jul 17, 2009, 11:27:37 AM7/17/09
to Firebug
Sounds like
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1948

Workaround is Firebug > Console > OptionsMiniMenu >
ShowXMLHttpRequests OFF

Firefox team is working on this.

jjb

Justin Fisher

Jul 17, 2009, 12:25:06 PM7/17/09
to Firebug
I downgraded to Firefox 3.0.11 and now firebug 1.4.0 seems to be
working fine. Didn't see many advantages to 3.5 for the couple of
days I used it anyways...

Just need to run the install and it will automatically downgrade from
3.5.
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.0.11/win32/en-GB/Firefox%20Setup%203.0.11.exe

On Jul 17, 10:27 am, johnjbarton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> Sounds likehttp://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1948
>
> Workaround is Firebug > Console > OptionsMiniMenu >
> ShowXMLHttpRequests OFF
>
> Firefox team is working on this.
>
> jjb
>
> On Jul 17, 2:38 am, David Dorward <da...@dorward.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 17, 9:11 am, Nick Cooper <nick.coo...@jdi-solutions.co.uk>
> > wrote:
>
> > > onreadystatechange FAILS Error:Permissiondeniedfor <http://www.smartclient.com> to create wrapper for object of class
> > > UnnamedClass Error:Permissiondeniedfor <http://www.smartclient.com> to

HeHe

Jul 18, 2009, 12:21:35 AM7/18/09
to Firebug
thanks a lot for the pointer!!

On Jul 17, 8:27 am, johnjbarton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> Sounds likehttp://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1948

tasoss

Jul 19, 2009, 5:22:48 AM7/19/09
to Firebug
http://stevesouders.com/cuzillion/?ex=10019&title=Avoid+Ordered+Execution
this error appears in this page too.
i hope it helps.

Jose Noheda

Jul 19, 2009, 6:24:38 AM7/19/09
to fir...@googlegroups.com
It happens a lot with DWR as well. Breaks the page in the process it seems

Regards

johnjbarton

Jul 19, 2009, 10:50:24 AM7/19/09
to Firebug
This is a known problem. It will continue to be a problem until it is
fixed.

We have a good test case and the people who know how to fix it have
been informed.

We have a simple and effective workaround: turn off Console > Options
> ShowXMLHttpRequests (OFF).

jjb

On Jul 19, 3:24 am, Jose Noheda <jose.noh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It happens a lot with DWR as well. Breaks the page in the process it seems
> Regards
>
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM, tasoss <tas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://stevesouders.com/cuzillion/?ex=10019&title=Avoid+Ordered+Execu...

Rob Campbell

Jul 24, 2009, 8:18:00 AM7/24/09
to Firebug
Honza's got a fix for this. Should be in 1.4.1 released today.

Adriaan

Jul 27, 2009, 3:38:45 PM7/27/09
to Firebug
What's the status of this problem, I'm still experiencing it with
Firefox 3.5.1 and Firebug 1.4.0?

Turning off ShowXMLHttpRequests isn't really an option as I mostly do
ajax development...which is what I use firebug for in the first
place...

Thanks

johnjbarton

Jul 27, 2009, 4:47:24 PM7/27/09
to Firebug
Fixed in 1.5a19 and will be fixed in 1.4.1
jjb