Error running prepmac.sh on 1.3.0 trunk

Travis Jensen

Oct 5, 2010, 5:03:04 PM10/5/10
to firebreath-dev
I see the following error. Is this a configuration problem on my part
or a real issue. I am building the examples into a directory outside
of my firebreath tree. prepmake.sh works fine.

Thanks.

tj

-- Build files have been written to: /Users/travis/src/clicklock/
plugin/build/exmamples
~/src/clicklock/plugin/firebreath
Patching XCode project /Users/travis/src/clicklock/plugin/build/
exmamples/projects/BasicMediaPlayer/BasicMediaPlayer.xcodeproj/
project.pbxproj with target BasicMediaPlayer
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 94, in <module>
Main()
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 86, in Main
proj.patchTarget(options.target)
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 56, in patchTarget
self.prodRefId = self.prodRef.search(self.targetBlockStr).group(1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Patching XCode project /Users/travis/src/clicklock/plugin/build/
exmamples/FireBreath.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj with target
BasicMediaPlayer
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 94, in <module>
Main()
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 86, in Main
proj.patchTarget(options.target)
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 56, in patchTarget
self.prodRefId = self.prodRef.search(self.targetBlockStr).group(1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Patching XCode project /Users/travis/src/clicklock/plugin/build/
exmamples/projects/FBTestPlugin/FBTestPlugin.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
with target FBTestPlugin
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 94, in <module>
Main()
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 86, in Main
proj.patchTarget(options.target)
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 56, in patchTarget
self.prodRefId = self.prodRef.search(self.targetBlockStr).group(1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Patching XCode project /Users/travis/src/clicklock/plugin/build/
exmamples/FireBreath.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj with target
FBTestPlugin
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 94, in <module>
Main()
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 86, in Main
proj.patchTarget(options.target)
File "cmake/patch_xcode.py", line 56, in patchTarget
self.prodRefId = self.prodRef.search(self.targetBlockStr).group(1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

Richard Bateman

Oct 5, 2010, 5:17:16 PM10/5/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com

can you tell us the exact command you're using to run this? If you're using ~, please try it with an absolute path and let us know how it went.

Richard

Travis Jensen

Oct 5, 2010, 5:46:08 PM10/5/10
to firebreath-dev
The command I am running:

./prepmac.sh examples /Users/travis/src/clicklock/plugin/build/
examples -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=i386

The error is given on the 1.3 branch and the "stable" branch (I'm
assuming that is 1.2.2).

I'm open to this being environmental. I'm running python 2.6.3 from
MacPorts on OS X 10.6.4.

tj

Travis Jensen

Oct 5, 2010, 6:15:05 PM10/5/10
to firebreath-dev
Further clarification. It is failing on the regular expression that is
supposed to pull out the productReference. This is what is being
matched against (which contains no productReference). This makes me
believe I'm missing a step, but I've not actually found any
documentation on building the examples (what I found was a chance
discovery from a search). Is there more documentation on this and, if
so, is there a real table of contents for the documentation?

Thanks (and thanks for your efforts!).

tj

100B178D0100B178D0100B17 /* FBTestPlugin */ = {
isa = PBXNativeTarget;
buildConfigurationList =
100B17FA0100B17FA0100B17 /* Build configuration list for
PBXNativeTarget "FBTestPlugin" */;
buildPhases = (
100B154C0100B154C0100B15 /* CMake ReRun
*/,
100B14E60100B14E60100B14 /* Copy files */,
100B14840100B14840100B14 /* Sources */,
100B16F10100B16F10100B16 /* CMake
PostBuild Rules */,
);
buildRules = (
);
buildSettings = {
EXECUTABLE_PREFIX = "";
EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX = "";
GCC_GENERATE_DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS = NO;
GCC_INLINES_ARE_PRIVATE_EXTERN = NO;
GCC_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL = 0;
GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS =
"'CMAKE_INTDIR=\"$(CONFIGURATION)\"' 'XP_MACOSX=1'";
GCC_SYMBOLS_PRIVATE_EXTERN = NO;
HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS = "/Users/travis/src/
clicklock/plugin/firebreath/examples/FBTestPlugin /Users/travis/src/
clicklock/plugin/firebreath/src/3rdParty/gecko-sdk/includes /Users/
travis/src/clicklock/plugin/firebreath/src/ActiveXPlugin /Users/travis/
src/clicklock/plugin/firebreath/src/NpapiPlugin /Users/travis/src/
clicklock/plugin/firebreath/src/ScriptingCore /Users/travis/src/
clicklock/plugin/firebreath/src/PluginCore /Users/travis/src/clicklock/
plugin/firebreath/src/PluginWindow /Users/travis/src/clicklock/plugin/
build/examples/projects/FBTestPlugin/gen /Users/travis/src/clicklock/
plugin/firebreath/src/3rdParty/boost ";
INFOPLIST_FILE = "/Users/travis/src/
clicklock/plugin/build/examples/projects/FBTestPlugin/bundle/
Info.plist";
INSTALL_PATH = "";
MACH_O_TYPE = mh_bundle;
OTHER_CFLAGS = " -DXP_UNIX -DXP_MACOSX -
DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DXP_UNIX -DXP_MACOSX -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 ";
OTHER_CPLUSPLUSFLAGS = " -DXP_UNIX -
DXP_MACOSX -DXP_UNIX -DXP_MACOSX ";
OTHER_LDFLAGS = " -Wl,-
exported_symbols_list,/Users/travis/src/clicklock/plugin/firebreath/
gen_templates/ExportList_plugin.txt -Wl,-search_paths_first -
headerpad_max_install_names";
OTHER_REZFLAGS = "";
PREBINDING = NO;
PRODUCT_NAME = FBTestPlugin;
SECTORDER_FLAGS = "";
SYMROOT = /Users/travis/src/clicklock/
plugin/build/examples/projects/FBTestPlugin;
USE_HEADERMAP = NO;
WARNING_CFLAGS = "-Wmost -Wno-four-char-
constants -Wno-unknown-pragmas";
WRAPPER_EXTENSION = plugin;
};

Georg Fritzsche

Oct 5, 2010, 6:43:26 PM10/5/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
I can't reproduce that - what Xcode and CMake versions are you working
with?

Georg

Richard Bateman

Oct 5, 2010, 9:09:35 PM10/5/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com

I can't reproduce it either, though I did find a bug that causes the project to not be generated properly when you run prepmac.sh from a directory other than firebreath root.

What version of XCode are you using?

Richard

Travis Jensen

Oct 5, 2010, 11:15:38 PM10/5/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
I found out my cmake was out of date (I trust macports too much).  I'm now running 2.8.2 and fail at a different spot:

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - not found
-- Check if compiler accepts -pthread
-- Check if compiler accepts -pthread - no
  Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /Applications/CMake 2.8-2.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:157 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package)

Is there something else I need to install?

tj
--
Travis Jensen

Read the Software Maven @ http://softwaremaven.innerbrane.com/
Read my LinkedIn profile @ http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisjensen
Read my Twitter mumblings @ http://twitter.com/SoftwareMaven
Send me email @ travis...@gmail.com

*What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???*

Travis Jensen

Oct 5, 2010, 11:18:36 PM10/5/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
I forgot my xcode version: 3.2.3

tj

Richard Bateman

Oct 5, 2010, 11:31:48 PM10/5/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com

....  that's interesting.  your compiler doesn't support threads? =]  looks like cmake is having issues; is your xcode installed in a weird location, by chance?  Not sure what else could cause that problem....

Richard

Karthikeyan Prabakaran

Oct 6, 2010, 12:01:42 AM10/6/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
I think this is because of an existing build folder. I would delete the build folder and then run the prepmac.sh again.

Thanks.

Travis Jensen

Oct 6, 2010, 2:34:42 PM10/6/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
I've deleted the existing build folder each time I've tried.

I didn't do anything special on my XCode install.  It is in /Developer/Applications/XCode.

Here are versions for everything I'm using:

> cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.2
> g++ --version
i686-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)
> xcodebuild -version
Xcode 3.2.4
Component versions: DevToolsCore-1705.0; DevToolsSupport-1591.0
BuildVersion: 10M2309
> python --version
Python 2.6.1

Needless to say, I do have libpthread.dylib.

Just for fun, I downloaded a different project using cmake, and it detected threads fine.

tj

Richard Bateman

Oct 6, 2010, 3:22:08 PM10/6/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com

Have you tried swearing at it?

Yeah, that's really really strange; None of us can reproduce the issue you're seeing.  If you put the project inside the projects/ directory in the firebreath root (just to test), does it work there?

Richard

Travis Jensen

Oct 6, 2010, 3:46:53 PM10/6/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way of trying to fix something that doesn't involve cursing?

It doesn't seem to matter what or where I'm building, it is failing.  It looks like firebreath is using a different path to search for the libraries than the other cmake project I have that is working.  For whatever reason, it isn't finding /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib.

How do those paths get set up? Is firebreath doing anything "special" in the setup that other projects might not do?  I fully recognize it is environmental on my system, but I'm not even sure where to start looking.  I've tried to ensure my environment is as pristine as possible, but I also know there are a lot of places I may not even know to look.

This would be easier if other cmake projects would fail at the same place. :)

tj

Richard Bateman

Oct 6, 2010, 4:05:43 PM10/6/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com

As far as I know, there are no special environment settings that FireBreath uses; anything that is there is in cmake/buildconfig.cmake, for the most part.

I'm not sure.  if you drop into the IRC room we might be able to be a little more efficient in tracking down the issue.

Richard

Travis Jensen

Oct 7, 2010, 11:05:48 AM10/7/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
Just to wrap this up, in case it bites anybody else in the future: I found the problem and I'm pretty sure it is a cmake problem (I'll be filing a bug there).

My build directory is in a directory that contains a symlink in its chain.  We'll call it:

  /foo/bar/baz/bup/build

On the file system, that is really:

  /foo/bar/blip/baz/bup/build

When cmake builds its path to the source files (like the pthreads check), it does it by taking your current path and adding the relative path from there, so something like:

  /foo/bar/blip/baz/bup/build/../../../../../Applications/Cmake/path/check.c

The problem is that it uses the symlink path for the base, but it uses the canonical path (w/o the symlink) for determining how many "../" are needed. Since they are different, it can't find the check.

Thanks for those who helped.

tj

Georg Fritzsche

Oct 8, 2010, 2:46:36 AM10/8/10
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
Ouch, good find. I added a note about symlinks to the prep-scripts
wiki page.

Georg