Image auto resize

anish mm

May 19, 2009, 2:21:03 AM5/19/09
to facebox
Hi ,
I want to fix all image maximum height and width is 500 X 500.
How can set is on facebox ?

If one image is smaller ( 500 X 500 ) then facebox want to show
anctual image

or if we upload more than 500 X 500 then want to resize this image 500
X 4500

Please help me

Thanks
Anish MM

JJ

May 19, 2009, 10:49:01 AM5/19/09
to facebox
function resizeUploadedImage() {

global $stagingDirectoryPath;

// This is the temporary file created by PHP
$uploadedfile = $_FILES['uploadfile']['tmp_name'];

// Create an Image from it so we can do the resize
$src = imagecreatefromjpeg($uploadedfile);

// Capture the original size of the uploaded image
list($width,$height)=getimagesize($uploadedfile);

// For our purposes, I have resized the image to be
// 500 pixels wide, and maintain the original aspect
// ratio. This prevents the image from being "stretched"
// or "squashed". If you prefer some max width other than
// 500, simply change the $newwidth variable
$newwidth=500;
$newheight=($height/$width)*$newwidth;
$tmp=imagecreatetruecolor($newwidth,$newheight);

// this line actually does the image resizing, copying from the
original
// image into the $tmp image
imagecopyresampled($tmp,$src,0,0,0,0,$newwidth,$newheight,$width,
$height);

// now write the resized image to disk. I have assumed that you want
the
// resized, uploaded image file to reside in the ./images
subdirectory.

$filename = $stagingDirectoryPath . $_FILES['uploadfile']['name'];
imagejpeg($tmp,$filename,100);

imagedestroy($src);
imagedestroy($tmp); // NOTE: PHP will clean up the temp file it
created when the request

$correctedFileName = $_FILES['uploadfile']['name'];
$correctedFileName = str_replace(" ", "_", $correctedFileName);
$correctedFileName = str_replace("'", "", $correctedFileName);
$correctedFileName = str_replace('"', "", $correctedFileName);

rename( $filename, $stagingDirectoryPath . $correctedFileName );
return $correctedFileName;
// has completed.
}

I grabbed this function from someone a while back. I would give them
credit, but I don't remember where I got it from. Anyway, you can
change the width to whatever you like and it will still keep the
aspect ratio correct. This function is used in conjunction with a
file upload post, but you could switch it so that the file name is
passed to it manually. If nothing else, it would give you a starting
point.

Really, the only thing you need to do is check to see if the file is
less than 500. If it is, don't run the function.

iwan salami

Jun 7, 2009, 7:32:22 AM6/7/09
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Hi... Anish.... u can use photo risize software. download from www.filehippo.com