"Ashes to ashes"

Gills...@aol.com

Apr 20, 2008, 6:10:15 PM4/20/08
to ERNESTB...@listserv.ilstu.edu
Referencing my marriage, our son's (d. 1998) and my sister-in-law's (d. 2002) ashes are in the original unopened containers in the boxes they came in sitting in the cabinetry under our kitchen sink.  Neither of us have spoken about what else we want to do with their ashes, so they sit there year after year unspoken of.  Our two granddaughters know that they are there, so maybe unconsciously we are leaving the decision to them about what to do with their father's and aunt's ashes after my wife and I have departed this life.  Hmmm, I wonder what part fear of death plays in this kind of indecision.

I have often told my wife to cremate my butt and not waste any money on elaborate funeral arrangements.  Who knows?  Maybe one day I will sit under the kitchen sink, if I can equate an "I" to a container of my ashes.

Peace and Love,

Sam Gillian

In a message dated 4/20/2008 5:31:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, e...@GWU.EDU writes:
I'd like to have my ashes molded into little clappers for bicycle bells. I'd contribute to safety, happy ringing, and "enjoy" one of my favorite places to be: on a bike, enjoying the ride without polluting.

Jim L.

Salinda Hess

Apr 21, 2008, 2:33:45 PM4/21/08
to ERNESTB...@listserv.ilstu.edu
Check it out — it appears that cremation costs about the same as any “elaborate” funeral!

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos <http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851> .