Rails 3 support

Johan Andersson

Feb 11, 2010, 5:20:02 PM2/11/10
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Any work being done to support Rails 3 in Rinari?

I guess it's not to much work, but still needs to be done.
  • script/* replaced by script/rails
  • mailers are in app/mailers
  • New config/application.rb
  • Some documentation
  • More?
I can take a stab at it if no one else has started already?

Steve Purcell

Feb 12, 2010, 5:23:59 AM2/12/10
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

Sounds great to me, as long as Rails 2.x projects remain supported.

I'm happy to merge any work you might do on this.

-Steve

Johan Andersson

Feb 12, 2010, 5:35:56 AM2/12/10
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
I guess Rinari must support both 2.x and 3.x at the same time and not have a branch/tag for some of them since people may jump between versions of Rails?

Do we even know what versions of Rails that Rinari supports? It would be good to specify that in the README.

Johan Andersson

Mar 1, 2010, 5:04:01 PM3/1/10
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
I have done some work on this. The changes for Rails 3 are in the rails3 branch: http://github.com/rejeep/rinari/commits/rails3

What I've done is:
  • Added Rails 3 support for console, web server and generator
  • Added shortcut to config/application.rb (C-c ; f a)
  • Replaced shortcut to metals with mailers (C-c ; f M)
I've not done a lot of testing so I do not consider it stable. I'm currently not working on any Rails 3 application, so some help with testing would be nice.

Johan Andersson

Mar 1, 2010, 5:17:03 PM3/1/10
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
Now that Github has introduced the awesome Compare View, you can see all the Rails 3 changes I made in one page: http://github.com/rejeep/rinari/compare/master...rails3

Steve Purcell

Mar 3, 2010, 6:52:56 AM3/3/10
to emacs-o...@googlegroups.com
On 1 Mar 2010, at 22:17, Johan Andersson wrote:

Now that Github has introduced the awesome Compare View, you can see all the Rails 3 changes I made in one page: http://github.com/rejeep/rinari/compare/master...rails3

Looks great to me.

Since it works for me with a Rails 2.3, I've merged it to the master branch so others can more easily try it out.

I've also pulled in a helpful-looking commit from Luke Amdor: "Made rake executable customizable (for jruby etc)".

-Steve