Castle MonoRail with ELMAH 1.0-BETA2

j...@bigjump.co.uk

Nov 9, 2008, 5:29:07 AM11/9/08
to ELMAH
Hi,

On a new project we've managed to get the Beta2 version working with
Castle MonoRail. We are also using Monorail Rescues on some of the
controllers, to present friendly error screens to users.

Obviously ELMAH is only going to catch the unhandled exceptions, but
MonoRail seems to swallow the exception when used with Rescues.

Have anyone managed to get these 2 working together? Any tips/pointers
appreciated.

Cheers,

Jay.

ps. Love ELMAH - have used it for a few years now!

James_2JS

Nov 9, 2008, 8:31:17 AM11/9/08
to ELMAH
Hi Jay,

I don't know anything about Castle Monorail, but I'm assuming you
declare httpModules in your web.config.
If so, have you tried playing with the order in which things are
declared??
If ELMAH is after Castle Monorail, it is probably a case of Monorail
clearing the exception before ELMAH can get to it.
If so, make ELMAH the first module you declare.

Cheers,

James

On Nov 9, 10:29 am, "jaypmcguinn...@googlemail.com"

Atif Aziz

Nov 9, 2008, 10:07:01 AM11/9/08
to ELMAH
Hi Jay,

Obviously ELMAH is only going to catch the unhandled exceptions, but
MonoRail seems to swallow the exception when used with Rescues.
Have anyone managed to get these 2 working together? Any tips/
pointers
appreciated.
<<

You might want to look into error signaling in ELMAH. It is designed
for scenarios where you want to pass an exception through ELMAH's
pipeline even if it is being handled/swallowed. Here are some pointers
to get started with error signaling:

- http://code.google.com/p/elmah/wiki/DotNetSlackersArticle#Error_Signaling
- http://code.google.com/p/elmah/wiki/DotNetSlackersArticle#Signaling_errors

- Atif

On Nov 9, 11:29 am, "jaypmcguinn...@googlemail.com"

j...@bigjump.co.uk

Nov 9, 2008, 12:50:53 PM11/9/08
to ELMAH
Yeah - I had the same thought, but sadly it didn't seem to make a
difference.

Thanks anyway.

j...@bigjump.co.uk

Nov 9, 2008, 12:53:54 PM11/9/08
to ELMAH
Brilliant I think that's exactly what I was looking for - I'll let you
know how I get on.

Cheers!