Re: KMAP things

Chinmay Bokil

Apr 10, 2009, 8:23:22 AM4/10/09
to R Prabhakar, electi...@googlegroups.com
Hi:
        Following things have been added on map componenet:
1> Navigation and zoom box added to zoom in over a particular area.
2> Attribution verbiage changed and shifted down.
3> Fixed issues for IE, now it works in IE as well ( tested in IE 7)
4> Fixed Bug: Mizoram aand Meghalaya stated very incorrectly put in DB which resulted in wrong selection constituency. Changed the DB update script and applied it on staging server DB.

Regards,
Chinmay.
Apr 10, 2009, 8:44:14 AM4/10/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

The map is looking very nice.
Is there an maplocator page where we can take the link??

The party icons need to change.

IMHO, we are ready to go. We can fine tune and develop
features as we go along.

Anand, what says you??
Can we start a pitch for the site??

Prabhakar

R Prabhakar

Apr 10, 2009, 10:08:22 AM4/10/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are other things about the map component as well

1. The scroll zoom is still there. It is disconcerting. Can anything be done??

2. The states maps are not colored. Can anything be done??

3. Can there be a zoom to extent?? When you zoom and you
get a blank frame, you do not know how to get back.
We need a zoom to extent icon on the canvas to get back the
map.

4. Need to quicken the site. For example, when you click on a
different constituency in a State, the whole map is reloaded from
the server, with another constituency selected. Is there a way??

In spite of all this, the site is looking nice.

Anand, I will work with you on the landing page.

Prabhakar

Chinmay Bokil

Apr 13, 2009, 8:23:50 AM4/13/09
to electi...@googlegroups.com
Hi :
        Following things have been updated on Map componenet :
1> Zoom to extent functionality is added on the map. The div background image have been set to inda map ( same as IBP world icon) and clicking on that would zoom out to the sate's extent.
2> Fixed bug  - " On India map ( fist map) the mlocator url was not working".