untranslated faceted navigation

Yuri

Nov 8, 2011, 9:06:30 AM11/8/11
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
hi all!

I've installed eea.facetednavigation 4.1 correctly, all works. But it is
not translated, I get english instead of italian. Any idea on what is
going wrong?

Yuri

Nov 9, 2011, 10:16:29 AM11/9/11
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com

Any info on this? :)

in locales/it/LC_MESSAGES/ I can see an eea.po and plone.po. It this ok?
In eea.po I can see:

#: ../../facetednavigation/widgets/text/widget.pt:38
msgid "in current results"
msgstr "Risultati attuali"

but when I see the page I can't see the translation.

Yuri

Nov 16, 2011, 8:45:41 AM11/16/11
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Still no ideas? :)

Antonio De Marinis

Nov 16, 2011, 12:32:56 PM11/16/11
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuri,

We are in the middle of a big deployment.
the EEA website is going to be launched this weekend migrated to Plone 4 with a new HTML5 design as well.

So, we still have no idea, because I guess Alin has been very busy.
We will come back when we know more.

Kind regards
/Antonio De Marinis

Alin Voinea

Dec 8, 2011, 9:29:07 AM12/8/11
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuri,

Sorry for the delay, as Antonio said, we were a little busy with this deployment. Now, I did some research and it seems that you'll have to add this within your buildout:

[instance]
# ...
environment-vars =
    zope_i18n_compile_mo_files true

Here are some good articles about this issue:

 Or maybe we should include the .mo files in the egg.

Thomas, can you tell us what is the best practice for this?

Cheers,
Alin

Alin Voinea
contact: alin....@gmail.com
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,  and the life of the candle will not be shortened.  Happiness never decreases by being shared.

David Glick

Dec 8, 2011, 12:53:29 PM12/8/11
On 12/8/11 6:29 AM, Alin Voinea wrote:
> Hi Yuri,
>
> Sorry for the delay, as Antonio said, we were a little busy with this
> deployment. Now, I did some research and it seems that you'll have to
> add this within your buildout:
>
> [instance]
> # ...
> environment-vars =
> zope_i18n_compile_mo_files true
>
> Here are some good articles about this issue:
>
> http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com/articles/my-translation-doesnt-show-up-in-plone-4
> http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2010/10/i18n-plone-4
>

> Or maybe we should include the .mo files in the egg.
>
> Thomas, can you tell us what is the best practice for this?

Best practice is to include .mo files in the egg. (But not in version
control.)

----------
David Glick
Web Developer
david...@groundwireconsulting.com
206.286.1235x32

Groundwire Consulting is here.

http://groundwire.org/about/FAQ-gw-consulting

Vincent Fretin

Dec 10, 2011, 3:21:05 AM12/10/11
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM, David Glick <david...@groundwire.org> wrote:
On 12/8/11 6:29 AM, Alin Voinea wrote:
Hi Yuri,

Sorry for the delay, as Antonio said, we were a little busy with this deployment. Now, I did some research and it seems that you'll have to add this within your buildout:

[instance]
# ...
environment-vars =
   zope_i18n_compile_mo_files true

Here are some good articles about this issue:

http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com/articles/my-translation-doesnt-show-up-in-plone-4
http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2010/10/i18n-plone-4

 Or maybe we should include the .mo files in the egg.

Thomas, can you tell us what is the best practice for this?

Best practice is to include .mo files in the egg. (But not in version control.)

Indeed, you can easily use http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zest.pocompile if you use zest.releaser.

Vincent

Yuri

Dec 12, 2011, 2:42:46 AM12/12/11
Il 08/12/2011 15:29, Alin Voinea ha scritto:
> Hi Yuri,
>
> Sorry for the delay, as Antonio said, we were a little busy with this
> deployment. Now, I did some research and it seems that you'll have to
> add this within your buildout:
>
> [instance]
> # ...
> environment-vars =
> zope_i18n_compile_mo_files true
>
> Here are some good articles about this issue:
>
> http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com/articles/my-translation-doesnt-show-up-in-plone-4
> http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2010/10/i18n-plone-4
>

> Or maybe we should include the .mo files in the egg.
>
> Thomas, can you tell us what is the best practice for this?

Thanks for the answer. I did know about this but I thought it should
work automatically so I was worried about something was not going right.