Custom content type image

eric hansen

Sep 24, 2012, 3:21:47 PM9/24/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've created a custom content type and I would like to show an image in the preview box and I am not sure how to go about doing that.  I can't find any documentation on that either.  Can someone please advise?  Great product by the way!!

Thanks,
Eric

Antonio De Marinis

Sep 24, 2012, 3:27:55 PM9/24/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Have a look att eea.depiction https://github.com/collective/eea.depiction, you can use that in combination with eea.facetednavigation.
you can then switch the layout to folder summary view or thumbnail view and you should see a preview of your content type.

cheers
/Antonio

eric hansen

Sep 24, 2012, 3:36:14 PM9/24/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Antonio, I'll give that a try!

cheers,
Eric

eric hansen

Sep 24, 2012, 3:46:16 PM9/24/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,

I've tried to install eea.depiction but buildout cannot find it.  Where should I be looking for it?

cheers,
Eric

On 24 September 2012 21:21, eric hansen <egmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I've created a custom content type and I would like to show an image in the preview box and I am not sure how to go about doing that.  I can't find any documentation on that either.  Can someone please advise?  Great product by the way!!

Thanks,
Eric

Dylan Jay

Sep 25, 2012, 2:19:46 AM9/25/12

On 25/09/2012, at 5:27 AM, Antonio De Marinis wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Have a look att eea.depiction https://github.com/collective/eea.depiction
> , you can use that in combination with eea.facetednavigation.
> you can then switch the layout to folder summary view or thumbnail
> view and you should see a preview of your content type.

How come something like depiction isn't being submitted into Plone
core? It seems like a good core feature to me.

Antonio De Marinis

Sep 25, 2012, 2:44:05 AM9/25/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com

Hi again,

Sorry, i see that eea.depiction has still not been release as an egg on pypi.
In the mean time you can use it in development mode, add it to your checkout in buildout and add the github repo source. Otherwise I  will ask Alin if it is ready for release.

Also, make sure your content type has the image in an field with id "image" , alternatively if the content type is folderish the image can be inside  the folder as an Image  content type.

You would probably also need to customize the listing templates to include the thumbnail, i guess. (Maybe this should be part of the eea.depiction package, not sure.)

Antonio

Alin Voinea

Sep 25, 2012, 1:50:32 PM9/25/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Eric, Antonio: I just released eea.depiction on pypi. Check http://pypi.python.org/pypi/eea.depiction

Dylan: I agree with this, we should talk about it ;)

Cheers,
Alin
cheers
/Antonio

Eric Hansen

Sep 25, 2012, 2:44:49 PM9/25/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alin,

Thank you for releasing eea.depiction. I just tried to install
depiction and I get the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 580,
in installProducts
Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 512,
in installProduct
- __traceback_info__: ('eea.depiction',)
Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 350, in runAllImportStepsFromProfile
- __traceback_info__: profile-eea.depiction:default
Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1098, in _runImportStepsFromContext
Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1013, in _doRunImportStep
- __traceback_info__: eea-depiction-various
Module eea.depiction.setuphandlers, line 61, in importVarious
Module eea.depiction.setuphandlers, line 27, in setupDefaultImages
Module eea.depiction.setuphandlers, line 20, in setupGenericImage
Module Products.CMFCore.PortalFolder, line 292, in invokeFactory
Module Products.CMFCore.TypesTool, line 832, in constructContent
Module Products.CMFCore.TypesTool, line 310, in constructInstance
Module Products.CMFCore.TypesTool, line 559, in _constructInstance
Module zope.container.contained, line 334, in notifyContainerModified
Module zope.event, line 31, in notify
Module zope.component.event, line 24, in dispatch
Module zope.component._api, line 136, in subscribers
Module zope.component.registry, line 321, in subscribers
Module zope.interface.adapter, line 585, in subscribers
Module zope.component.event, line 32, in objectEventNotify
Module zope.component._api, line 136, in subscribers
Module zope.component.registry, line 321, in subscribers
Module zope.interface.adapter, line 585, in subscribers
Module Products.Collage.events, line 23, in reindexOnModify
Module OFS.Traversable, line 317, in restrictedTraverse
Module OFS.Traversable, line 274, in unrestrictedTraverse
- __traceback_info__: ([], '@@collage_helper')
AttributeError: REQUEST

Cheers,
Eric

>>> --

Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen

Sep 25, 2012, 3:35:29 PM9/25/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I uninstalled everything related to collage and that solved the problem below.
--
Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen

Sep 25, 2012, 3:54:16 PM9/25/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

After installing eea.depiction (thanks again) I still cannot get any
image to show up as the faceted preview. Thumbnail view doesn't show
properly, either...that shows up more like the standard view with a
note above stating 'No albums or photos uploaded yet' even though
there is an image field with the id 'image' and (it being a folderish
content type) there are actually images in the folder. I am stumped.
More assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Eric
--
Eric Hansen

Dylan Jay

Sep 25, 2012, 5:16:56 PM9/25/12

On 26/09/2012, at 3:50 AM, Alin Voinea <alin....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

Eric, Antonio: I just released eea.depiction on pypi. Check http://pypi.python.org/pypi/eea.depiction

Dylan: I agree with this, we should talk about it ;)

Just plip it and we can all talk about it :)

Cheers,
Alin
cheers
/Antonio

Alin Voinea

Sep 26, 2012, 3:41:51 AM9/26/12
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com, Eric Hansen
Hmm, ok, let's see:

- You have Pillow installed as it's a dependency for eea.depiction
- You added all the following ZCML slugs within your buildout:

zcml =
  eea.depiction-overrides
  eea.depiction
- You've installed 'EEA Depiction' within Site Steup > Add-ons (Or ran the upgrade steps).
- You have the 'Generic' image at <PloneSite>/portal_depiction/generic
- This URL doesn't raise NotFound error: portal_depiction/generic/image_thumb

What error do you get when you access localhost:8080/Plone/<path/to/your/folder>/image_thumb ?

What about folder_summary_view?
It should display in the worst case scenario the portal_depiction/generic thumbnail.

Eric Hansen

Sep 26, 2012, 9:07:08 AM9/26/12
to alin....@gmail.com, eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alin,

All of those are correct, except the folder_thumbnail_view which shows
the folder and says 'No albums or photos uploaded yet'.

If I name the image 'image_thumb' in the object folder it works.
However, it seems as though I need to resize the image. Should that
be done TTW, before I upload the image, or can I resize it in the
preview-item.pt in eea.facetednavigation? Thanks!

Cheers,
Eric
--
Eric Hansen

Alin Voinea

Sep 26, 2012, 9:31:00 AM9/26/12
to Eric Hansen, eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

1. Ok, I need some screen-shots as I'm not sure I get it. Indeed atct_album_view has some limitations because it tries to figure out if your folder's children are images or not but we need to find a solution for it without overriding it within eea.depiction/skins/ as this is hard to maintain.

2. You can change thumbnails sizes within ZMI > portal_properties > imaging_properties. It remained the same as for plone.app.imaging

Cheers,
Alin