MOOCast#1 - an open-ended live MOOC gathering - July 6 1400 UTC

Jeff Lebow

Jul 5, 2011, 6:35:43 AM7/5/11
to eduMOOC
Dear Fellow EduMOOC'ers

This Wednesday July 6 at 1400UTC (global times at: http://t.co/L9ufvz1),
Vance Stevens & I are planning to stream MetaMOOCast #1. The
discussion will be an open-ended opportunity for EduMOOC'ers to share
resources, ideas, and feedback about assorted eduMOOC topics and/or
the MOOC itself. All are welcome to tune in and/or join the
conversation.

We will be using Skype & Ustream for the webcast. Those interested in
tuning in can go to the live studio at: bit.ly/kh5PuD and chime in
with questions and comments via twitter and a text chat room. People
can join the conversation via skype or phone (although Skype is
preferred). Webcams optional, headsets required. More details at:
http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/2011/06/edumooc-live-studio.html

Thanks to all for a great eduMOOC experience so far and look forward
to connecting with some of you tomorrow.

Jeff

Vance

Jul 8, 2011, 5:15:22 AM7/8/11
to eduMOOC
hi folks,

My turn to take over this thread as my name was mentioned here :-)

First of all, the fruits of Jeff's labors are ripe for the picking
here
http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/2011/07/moocast1-july-6-2011.html

That's the uStream video recording of MetaMOOCast #1 featuring
participants Jeff Lebow (Korea), Vance Stevens (UAE), John Graves
(New Zealand), Rob Darrow (U.S), Dave Cormier (Canada), & Osvaldo
Rodriguez (Argentina), in voice and webcam.

You can also link to this event through this podcast site:
http://learning2gether.posterous.com/edumoocast1-an-edumoocbridges-edumoocastathon

That's not so much a deliberate redundancy as it is a segue into the
next event in this grass-roots sideshow to the what's going on in the
EduMOOC Big Tent.

This next event takes place at 1300 GMT this Sunday July 10, when
Vance Stevens and Jeff Lebow (you'll be there, right Jeff?) host the
next weekly episode of Learning2Gether.

There's more information on all L2G upcoming weekly events at
http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded. Essentially the
one this week is one in which our weekly discussion coincides with
EduMOOC, and we plan (if that's the right word :-) to discuss what's
going on in EduMOOC 2011.

If you're available at that time and feel like engaging a few
EduMOOCers in Elluminate (or Blackboard Collaborate, the same tool
used in the weekly EduMOOC events) then point your browser to
http://tinyurl.com/y3eh, register with Learning Times (who provide us
the grant for this particular presentation room) and join us. You'll
be able to join directly in the text chat and discussion.

All are welcome. Normally, we have a small crowd, so far never enough
to break it.

It's informal and relaxed, like the tone of this email. If you're in
the mood, cya there,
Vance