Useful PDE extension : Plugin Spy

Chandresh Gandhi

Apr 17, 2008, 2:10:10 AM4/17/08
to eclipse-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The plug-in spy aims to provide a simple tool to introspect Eclipse in
terms of what a plug-in developer would find useful. Simply hit the F9
key on what you're looking at, and Plug-in Spy will be presented to you
with relevant information. This tool is part of the Eclipse Incubator
project. For a complete description of Eclipse incubation please read this.

http://www.eclipse.org/pde/incubator/spy/

Regards,
Chandresh Gandhi.

vedika joshi

Apr 28, 2008, 4:58:11 AM4/28/08
to eclipse-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

What is the best way if I want to try and use this spy plugin?
By extracting org.eclipse.pde.runtime plug-in from CVS?

Thanks!
Vedika Joshi,
IBM-ISL.

Ketan Padegaonkar

Apr 28, 2008, 6:17:23 AM4/28/08

On 28-Apr-08, at 2:28 PM, vedika joshi wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What is the best way if I want to try and use this spy plugin?
> By extracting org.eclipse.pde.runtime plug-in from CVS?

Yes, that's pretty much the idea. In case you don't want to do that
you could download a 3.4 milestone release and copy the relevant
plugins to your eclipse.

Cheers,
Ketan Padegaonkar
I blog... therefore I am... http://ketan.padegaonkar.name
http://swtbot.org/ - a functional testing tool for SWT/Eclipse

anil kumar

Apr 28, 2008, 10:31:33 AM4/28/08
to eclipse-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
        I did it from update site and it was  quite simple..
anil