[drupalmeetupkathmandu] Drupal Meetup Kathmandu

Bibek Shrestha

Jul 7, 2009, 1:32:39 AM7/7/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

It has been a while since the drupalnepal google group has had significant activity. I remember the Drupal Workshop at SapNepal Falcha and it was fun.

I'd just like to introduce an idea we at YIPL are trying to initiate. We're trying to organize a DrupalMeetupKathmandu (DMK). In this event, we're trying to get together Drupal enthusiasts be it simple Drupal user, Developer, Themer or anyone else who has embraced Drupal. The idea is that DMK would be an open event and like minded people can share their thoughts and discuss on any topic.

Since Drupal is evolving fast with Drupal v7 on the horizon, there are lots of things to discuss. We're planning to organize DMK monthly, possibly second Sunday of English calendar at 4pm. Any feedback would be apprecited.

Check out the basic idea for the event at http://drupalnepal.pbworks.com

We want to make this event as fruitful to everyone as possible. So please put forward your ideas.

Warm Regards

--
Bibek Shrestha
bibekshrestha at gmail dot com

bibstha

Jul 7, 2009, 1:16:16 PM7/7/09
to Drupal Community in Nepal
Check out the facebook page for the event detail and get yourself
listed.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=98550109885

The very first DrupalMeetupKathmandu is scheduled to be held on 19
July 2009

On Jul 7, 10:32 am, Bibek Shrestha <bibekshres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> It has been a while since the drupalnepal google group has had significant
> activity. I remember the Drupal Workshop at SapNepal Falcha and it was fun.
>
> I'd just like to introduce an idea we at YIPL <http://www.yipl.com> are
> trying to initiate. We're trying to organize a DrupalMeetupKathmandu (DMK).
> In this event, we're trying to get together Drupal enthusiasts be it simple
> Drupal user, Developer, Themer or anyone else who has embraced Drupal. The
> idea is that DMK would be an open event and like minded people can share
> their thoughts and discuss on any topic.
>
> Since Drupal is evolving fast with Drupal v7 on the horizon, there are lots
> of things to discuss. We're planning to organize DMK monthly, possibly
> second Sunday of English calendar at 4pm. Any feedback would be apprecited.
>
> Check out the basic idea for the event athttp://drupalnepal.pbworks.com

Sushil Pandey

Jul 7, 2009, 1:24:02 PM7/7/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
It seems that i will not be able to attend the meet. Its the day i will be leaving for my college back in India after a vacation. All the best to you all. Keep posting the updates:)
Regards,
Sushil

prashant shrestha

Jul 7, 2009, 8:24:39 PM7/7/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Shushil , u will miss the event..we are hoping to make this a great one...u take care and give me a call or send a message before you go..

Regards
Prashant

Jwalanta Shrestha

Jul 8, 2009, 8:25:24 AM7/8/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
ow no!
i have another event to organize and attend on the same day. i'm gonna badly miss the event. :(

~jwalanta

Akash Deep Shakya

Jul 8, 2009, 8:28:42 AM7/8/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
I will try and make it.. best of luck for the event :D
Regards
Akash Deep Shakya "OpenAK"
B.E. (Computer) | Kathmandu University
http://www.akashdeepshakya.com.np
akashakya at gmail dot com
P.O.Box: 8975 EPC: 4235

~ Failure to prepare is preparing to fail ~

bibstha

Jul 9, 2009, 2:06:50 PM7/9/09
to Drupal Community in Nepal
Yes and we are also looking for topics.
In case anyone has a good topic to discuss on, you can post it here.

For the very first event, I believe we could start of with an overview
with short description of
whats going on in drupal world. This will include a
- Brief (very very short or possibly one line) introduction of Drupal
(since we're assuming the participants will already be familier with
drupal)
- Small history to current position with release info and whats new in
drupal 6, what are gonna be the additions in upcoming version
- Drupal For Casual Users, Serious Users, Themers, Developers
- Drupal for serious Users
- And end it with some cool features (drush, ... please suggest)

Open discussion

And gather topic for next month's DrupalMeetup

In case you have any comments, how ever small it might be, please post
it.

KathmanduDrupalites Unite :D

PS. there is a drupal nepal groups reachable at http://groups.drupal.org/nepal

Cheers

On Jul 8, 5:28 pm, Akash Deep Shakya <akasha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try and make it.. best of luck for the event :D
> Regards
> Akash Deep Shakya "OpenAK"
> B.E. (Computer) | Kathmandu Universityhttp://www.akashdeepshakya.com.np
> akashakya at gmail dot com
> P.O.Box: 8975 EPC: 4235
>
> ~ Failure to prepare is preparing to fail ~
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Jwalanta Shrestha <jwala...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > ow no!
> > i have another event to organize and attend on the same day. i'm gonna
> > badly miss the event. :(
>
> > ~jwalanta
>
> > On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:09 AM, prashant shrestha <acolyt...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Sorry Shushil , u will miss the event..we are hoping to make this a great
> >> one...u take care and give me a call or send a message before you go..
>
> >> Regards
> >> Prashant

gaurab shrestha

Jul 10, 2009, 11:54:10 PM7/10/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
Great to know about a drupal group in nepal...actually i am working in
the web field and sometime ago tried drupal and find it very
intresting and flexible ..but not able to continue... so great to find
drupal enthuaistic group in ktm.Iam willing to learn more in
drupal.and if time
permits hoping to participate in the conference.

Once again thanks 2 all of you !!

Deeps

Jul 17, 2009, 2:31:03 PM7/17/09
to Drupal Community in Nepal
can any one tell me what will be discussed the meeting

or its simply celebration

Bibek Shrestha

Jul 17, 2009, 3:32:23 PM7/17/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deeps, this event is more of a gathering of Drupal Enthusiasts.

Here is a basic outline.

a) We'll start off with an introduction of everyone involved. See how each of us is involved in Drupal development, any current projects being involved in.
b) Next we'll have a small talk about Drupal itself, things that we can contribute to Drupal development. This will include talks about a basic run down of Drupal from past to present and then to future.
This will also include a small discussion of the possibilities using Drupal and use case scenario where Drupal has been invaluable.
And few other points will also be mentioned.
c) We'll finish off with an open discussion from the floor. Since we're expecting most people to have atleast somewhat Drupal knowhow, we would be discussing further improvements and possible collaborations. This section will be open for everyone to bring out any topic of interest.

In case Deeps you have any suggestion, u are welcome to put it forward. :)

Warm regards

Bibek Shrestha
bibekshrestha at gmail dot com

Deeps

Jul 19, 2009, 12:05:29 AM7/19/09
to Drupal Community in Nepal
want to attend the meeting....

but have college up to 4:15,

can any one tell me exactly at what time this meeting starts

Bibek Shrestha

Jul 19, 2009, 2:38:38 AM7/19/09
to drupa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deeps,

The program starts at 4pm. I hope most of the people come in time.
Try to be there at 4, 4.30 :) you shouldn't miss much.

See you there