FW: UNTOUCHABLES

TR AZAD

Jun 20, 2010, 9:47:45 AM6/20/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com

Dear
Editor,

Any
man or country or the intellectual class if does not recognise the radical
social reality, it lives in fools paradise, it carelessly allows the social
volcano like Maoism and Naxalism to take birth and grow fast. It is not good
for the largest democracy on the earth. Dr.B.R Ambedkar himself predicted
saying that if Democracy failed in India, communism might replace it. Political
democracy without social democracy is shaky. For Dr.DBabasahib B.R Ambedkar,
truth was first priority and he spoke it and wrote it fearlessly throughout his
life. One glimpse of his this beautiful trait is given as under. He wrote like
this in his Book named as
who were untouchables, How they
became untouchables?

“This book
is a sequel to my treatise called The Shudras—who
they were and How they came to be the Fourth Varna of the Indo-Aryan Society

which was published in 1946. Besides the Shudras, the Hindu Civilisation has
produced three social classes whose existence has not received the attention it
deserves. The three classes are:-

(i)
The Criminal Tribes who number about 20 millions or so;

(ii)
The Aboriginal Tribes who number about 15 millions; and

(iii)
The Untouchables who number about 50 millions.

The
existence of these classes is an abomination. The Hindu Civilisation, gauged in
the light of these social products, could hardly be called civilisation. It is
a diabolical contrivance to suppress and enslave humanity. Its proper name
would be infamy. What else can be said of a civilisation which has produced a
mass of people who are taught to accept crime as an approved means of earning
their livelihood, another mass of people who are left to live in full bloom of
their primitive barbarism in the midst of civilisation and a third mass of
people who are treated as an entity beyond human intercourse and whose mere
touch is enough to cause pollution?

In any
other country the existence of these classes would have led to searching of the
heart and to investigation of their origin. But neither of these has occurred
to the mind of the Hindu. The reason is simple. The Hindu does not regard the
existence of these classes as a matter of apology or shame and feels no
responsibility either to atone for it or to inquire into its origin and growth.
On the other hand, every Hindu is taught to believe that his civilisation is
not only the most ancient but that it is also in many respects altogether
unique. No Hindu ever feels tired of repeating these claims. That the Hindu
Civilisation is the most ancient, one can understand and even allow. But it is
not quite so easy to understand on what grounds they rely for claiming that the
Hindu Civilisation is a unique one. The Hindus may not like it, but so far as
it strikes non-Hindus, such a claim can rest only on one ground. It is the
existence of these classes for which the Hindu Civilisation is responsible.
That the existence of such classes is a unique phenomenon, no Hindu need
repeat, for nobody can deny the fact. One only wishes that the Hindu realised
that it was a matter for which there was more cause for shame than pride.

The
inculcation of these false beliefs in the sanity, superiority and sanctity of
Hindu Civilisation is due entirely to the peculiar social psychology of Hindu
scholars.

Today all
scholarship is confined to the Brahmins. But unfortunately no Brahmin scholar
has so far come forward to play the part of a Voltaire who had the intellectual
honesty to rise against the doctrines of the Catholic Church in which he was
brought up; nor is one likely to appear on the scene in the future. It is a
grave reflection on the scholarship of the Brahmins that they should not have
produced a Voltaire. This will not cause surprise if it is remembered that the
Brahmin scholar is only a learned man. He is not an intellectual. There is a
world of difference between one who is learned and one who is an intellectual.
The former is class-conscious and is alive to the interests of his class. The
latter is an emancipated being who is free to act without being swayed by class
considerations. It is because the Brahmins have been only learned men that they
have not produced a Voltaire.

Why have
the Brahmins not produced a Voltaire? The question can be answered only by
another question. Why did the Sultan of Turkey not abolish the religion of the
Mohammedan World? Why has no Pope denounced Catholicism? Why has the British
Parliament not made a law ordering the killing of all blue-eyed babies? The
reason why the Sultan or the Pope or the British Parliament has not done these
things is the same as why the Brahmins have not been able to produce a
Voltaire. It must be recognised that the selfish interest of a person or of the
class to which he belongs always acts as an internal limitation which regulates
the direction of his intellect. The power and position which the Brahmins
possess is entirely due to the Hindu Civilisation which treats them as supermen
and subjects the lower classes to all sorts of disabilities so that they may
never rise and challenge or threaten the superiority of the Brahmins over them.
As is natural, every Brahmin is interested in the maintenance of Brahmanic
supremacy be he orthodox or unorthodox, be he a priest or a grahastha,
be he a scholar or not. How can the Brahmins afford to be Voltaires? A Voltaire
among the Brahmins would be a positive danger to the maintenance of a
civilisation which is contrived to maintain Brahmanic supremacy. The point is
that the intellect of a Brahmin scholar is severely limited by anxiety to
preserve his interest. He suffers from this internal limitation as a
result of which he does not allow his intellect
full play which honesty and integrity demands.”

This Book
was firstly published in 1948.Lateron.it was published by Maharashtra Government
for the guidance of the researchers, Goversnment planners and others. He
complained in the start of this Book that the above said three products were
not receiving the attention, they deserved. But the question arises, are they
receiving the requisite attention now in 21ist century. I think, Answer is big no.
It appears that early times are showing some tilt towards it. If it is so, kindly
allow such items for publication in your esteemed Daily so that the people
belonging n to these groups may become   your
readers in a large number.  BABASAHIB
took journalism as a Mission, not as a Business.

Yours etc.

T.R AZAD,
JAMMU

9419224024

Make the world eco-friendly through MSN Green Drag n’ drop

Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.

The dark side of terrorists revealed in MSN Internal Security Get it now.

Ramanand Dongre

Jun 22, 2010, 12:42:05 AM6/22/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 01:51:48 +0530 wrote
>jai bhim sir i am reding your artiecels, thanks for that.

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

.ExternalClass p.ecxMsoNormal, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoNormal, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoNormal
{margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:10.0pt;margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';}
.ExternalClass p.ecxMsoListParagraph, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoListParagraph, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoListParagraph
{margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:10.0pt;margin-left:.5in;line-height:115%;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';}
.ExternalClass p.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpFirst
{margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';}
.ExternalClass p.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle
{margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';}
.ExternalClass p.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpLast, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpLast, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoListParagraphCxSpLast
{margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:10.0pt;margin-left:.5in;line-height:115%;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';}
.ExternalClass .ecxMsoChpDefault
{;}
.ExternalClass .ecxMsoPapDefault
{margin-bottom:10.0pt;line-height:115%;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;}
.ExternalClass div.ecxSection1
{page:Section1;}
preserve hisinterest. He suffers from this internal limitation as a

result of which he does not allow his intellect
full play which honesty and integrity demands.”

This Book
was firstly published in 1948.Lateron.it was published by Maharashtra Government
for the guidance of the researchers, Goversnment planners and others. He
complained in the start of this Book that the above said three products were
not receiving the attention, they deserved. But the question arises, are they
receiving the requisite attention now in 21ist century. I think, Answer is big no.
It appears that early times are showing some tilt towards it. If it is so, kindly
allow such items for publication in your esteemed Daily so that the people
belonging n to these groups may become your
readers in a large number. BABASAHIB
took journalism as a Mission, not as a Business.

Yours etc.

T.R AZAD,
JAMMU

9419224024
Make the world eco-friendly through MSN Green Drag n’ drop

Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.
>The dark side of terrorists revealed in MSN Internal Security Get it now.

dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com

dr-ambedkar-and-his...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at

http://groups.google.co.in/group/dr-ambedkar-and-his-people?hl=en?hl=en

Be Happy!

Siddhartha Chabukswar (sidd...@yahoo.co.in)

TR AZAD

Jun 22, 2010, 11:32:10 AM6/22/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com
give your comments also.JAI BHIM

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:42:05 +0000
To: dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com
Subject: thanks
From: anandna...@rediffmail.com

rajratna thosar

Jun 22, 2010, 2:08:20 PM6/22/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

करतार सिंह सिद्धार्थ

Jun 23, 2010, 4:25:36 AM6/23/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com
I am also reading all the articles...keep it up..drive a conclusion..

Thank you!

--
Regards,

Kartar Singh Siddharth

Gopi Kanta Ghosh

Jun 23, 2010, 7:30:50 AM6/23/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com
We must work together for the cause...Hinduvta is gaining strength or may be fighting loosing battle...it is dangerous at this stage...let us work together...thanks

TR AZAD

Jun 23, 2010, 9:05:34 AM6/23/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com

MERE THANK YOU  IS NOT SUFFICIENT.LET GO AHEAD OF IT. I AM INTERESTED IN DISSEMINATING THE AMBEDKARITE IDEOLOGY AT GROSS ROOT LEVEL.ROOT IS WITHOUT IT. CAN YOU ANY WAY FOR DOING  IT AT LARGE SCALE. T.R AZAD

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:00:50 +0530
Subject: Re: thanks
From: gopikan...@gmail.com
To: dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com

Chin music and high voltage T20 action on MSN Sports Sign up now.

TR AZAD

Jun 23, 2010, 9:07:00 AM6/23/10
to dr-ambedkar-a...@googlegroups.com
O.K