[dotnetopenauth] Example of supplying SREG/AX in DotNetOpenAuth

derigel

May 4, 2010, 1:50:47 AM5/4/10
to DotNetOpenAuth
Hi Guys!

I can't find any example of supplying SREG/AX extension on Provider
(OP) side in DotNetOpenAuth.
All constructors of ClaimsResponse are internal.

Any help/suggestions?

Matthew Johnson

May 4, 2010, 3:01:31 AM5/4/10
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
You need a ClaimsRequest first. Then you can generate a ClaimsResponse with ClaimsRequest.CreateResponse();

Take a look at the sample OpenIdProviderWebForms project, it's super-duper helpful! The decide.aspx page references the GetOpenIdProfileFields inside the web control profilefields.ascx. You can find the response being generated there.

Best of luck, mate.

derigel

May 4, 2010, 3:45:14 AM5/4/10
to DotNetOpenAuth
Thanks Matthew!

On May 4, 11:01 am, Matthew Johnson <ijustmakecof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You need a ClaimsRequest first. Then you can generate a ClaimsResponse with
> ClaimsRequest.CreateResponse();
>
> Take a look at the sample OpenIdProviderWebForms project, it's super-duper
> helpful! The decide.aspx page references the GetOpenIdProfileFields inside
> the web control profilefields.ascx. You can find the response being
> generated there.
>
> Best of luck, mate.
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:50 PM, derigel <deri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Guys!
>
> > I can't find any example of supplying SREG/AX extension on Provider
> > (OP) side in DotNetOpenAuth.
> > All constructors of ClaimsResponse are internal.
>
> > Any help/suggestions?
>
> > --

Andrew Arnott

May 4, 2010, 10:24:10 AM5/4/10
to dotnetopenid
Yes, thanks, Matthew.

FYI this stupid-looking design of not being able to directly construct a ClaimsResponse actually does have a reason: there are tiny details of the sreg request that must be considered to create a compatible response.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - S. G. Tallentyre