Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Gigi

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 05:47:5305/11/2009
para DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
Good morning to everyone,
I am not an expert and would like to ask for an information I haven't
found clearly on the site.
What is the difference between VBA, Visual Basic for Applications,
Visual Basic 2005, Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic Net?
What is the latest "Free-version" of Visual Basic?
Thanks and apologies for the questions which might look silly to most
of you.
Gigi

Processor Devil

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 09:08:3405/11/2009
para dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
Visual Basic for Applications = VBA.
It is the language you are writing macros for Word, Excel, etc.
Visual Basic 6 was last version of Visual Basic that wasn't running on .NET platform
Visual Basic 2005 IS running on .NET platform.

You also forget about VBS (Visual Basic Scripting)... It was my favorite language for automating my Windows for quite a while :)

2009/11/5 Gigi <gbgi...@gmail.com>

Arsalan Tamiz

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 10:25:2605/11/2009
para dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
@Processor what about the last question?

Processor Devil

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 10:34:3205/11/2009
para dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
you mean the last "free version" of visual basic?
Hard to say what he/she means...
Visual Basic is only programming language and like that it is free of course.
No one can tell you "do you want to code in our lang? PAY!". And if Microsoft wants to stop supporting Express Editions of Visual Studio, there is a lot of 3rd party tools that work the same (eg SharpDevelop(windows) or MonoDevelop(linux) can be appropriate replacement.
P.S. I don't recommend to use MonoDevelop version for Windows, it is a bit buggy.

2009/11/5 Arsalan Tamiz <sall...@gmail.com>

B☼gus Excepti☼n

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 11:34:5305/11/2009
On Nov 5, 10:25 am, Arsalan Tamiz <sallus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Processor what about the last question?

Which VB?

To be technical about the answer (what else did you expect?), I think
you can get a free compiler for VB.NET and other .NET languages that
work on the command line, and as stated earlier you can use any number
of IDEs to write your code in, or vi/vim/notepad++/write/...

pat
:)

Processor Devil

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 11:40:0305/11/2009
para dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
vim, my favorite one :)
well, nowadays you can get a free compiler for every language in this world (including Cobol - blah)
Big question is what was the meaning of that "free VB" then....

2009/11/5 B☼gus Excepti☼n <pat.t...@gmail.com>

Cerebrus

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 12:49:1905/11/2009
para DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
To add to Processor Devil's excellent answer:

VBA is a limited subset of VB 6.0 aimed at providing programmability
in MS Office applications. When you create/record a macro, it is VBA
code that is being written in the background.
VB.NET is the commonly used term for VB 7.0.
VB 2005 is the commonly used term for VB 8.0.
VB 2008 is the commonly used term for VB 9.0.

As for the last question, as Processor pointed out, languages and
their compilers are always free. It is the IDE's which tend to cost
money.

B☼gus Excepti☼n

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 13:53:1005/11/2009
para DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
Gigi,

If you are asking to find the cheapest way, then use no IDE. But if
you are starting, that would be painful. Most all packages from MS
have a 90-day free, etc. that may get you through a tough time. You
are asking for a simple answer to a complex problem (i.e. "42")...

In addition, "free" can mean different things. Licensing (the
application of the sw you will be making, or even whether you will
develop in a corporate environment, etc) is more than just "free
version". You didn't give any information about your environment,
goals/objectives, time limit, your skills/experience, where the sw
will be installed, whether you would charge for services/RTU
licensing, etc., etc., etc.

Change any of the things in the above paragraph, and you can change a
pay piece of sw to free, or vice versa.

All of this is good, BTW...

pat
:)

RoLaAus

não lida,
5 de nov. de 2009, 16:27:1605/11/2009
para DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
I think (and this is just a guess), but when the asker references
"free VB", they may be talking about the Express version.

Someone said in here that you can get a free compiler for any
language, but only until MS released the "express" versions, you
weren't able to get any free compiler from Microsoft (some might say
that was a good thing :-)

On Nov 5, 8:40 am, Processor Devil <processor.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> vim, my favorite one :)
> well, nowadays you can get a free compiler for every language in this world
> (including Cobol - blah)
> Big question is what was the meaning of that "free VB" then....
>
> 2009/11/5 B☼gus Excepti☼n <pat.trai...@gmail.com>

Cerebrus

não lida,
6 de nov. de 2009, 01:19:1806/11/2009
para DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
The compiler comes with the Framework SDK which was always freely
downloadable.

Charles A. Lopez

não lida,
6 de nov. de 2009, 07:47:1206/11/2009
para dotnetde...@googlegroups.com
You can get a trial version of the latest Visual Studio package. Ask any MS Partner. I'm one.

2009/11/6 Cerebrus <zor...@sify.com>

--
Charles A. Lopez
charle...@gmail.com

Registered Microsoft Partner

New York City, NY

I'm running on Windows 7 Build 7100

Quality Software Works

Jamie Fraser

não lida,
6 de nov. de 2009, 08:42:5906/11/2009
para dotnetde...@googlegroups.com

Cerebrus

não lida,
6 de nov. de 2009, 11:16:3906/11/2009
para DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
;-)

So am I.

Juan M. Oviedo

não lida,
6 de nov. de 2009, 11:30:3906/11/2009
para dotnetde...@googlegroups.com

How can I become a partner? Is it expensive? What are the benefits?

Jmoa

> Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 08:16:39 -0800
> Subject: [DotNetDevelopment] Re: A doubt
> From: zor...@sify.com