insufficient memmory to access mounted drive

Madhuri

Nov 18, 2010, 1:11:03 AM11/18/10
to Dokan
Hello,

i have mounted a drive using dokan. When i try to access it, sometimes
it gives message, that insufficient memmory to access... , why it is
so?

Can anybody help?

Smurf IV

Nov 18, 2010, 2:20:04 AM11/18/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
What OS ?
Is it your implementation ?
What app is being used to access drive ?
Install Liquesce and see if that works.

Madhuri Chopade

Nov 18, 2010, 7:45:45 AM11/18/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
i will try the solution.

I am using Windows XP.
I have written a simple application(c#), through which i open the files in mounted drive.
Even if i use explorer to access the mounted drive, i get same error.

tokeboy.riis

Nov 18, 2010, 8:57:54 AM11/18/10
to Dokan
Hi

The issue could be related to this:
http://code.google.com/p/dokan/issues/detail?id=174&start=100

How much RAM do you have installed?

/Toke

On Nov 18, 1:45 pm, Madhuri Chopade <madhurichop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks!
> i will try the solution.
>
> I am using Windows XP.
> I have written a simple application(c#), through which i open the files in
> mounted drive.
> Even if i use explorer to access the mounted drive, i get same error.
>

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Smurf IV <smurf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What OS ?
> > Is it your implementation ?
> > What app is being used to access drive ?
> > Install Liquesce and see if that works.
>
> > On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Madhuri <madhurichop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
>
> >> i have mounted a drive using dokan. When i try to access it, sometimes
> >> it gives message, that insufficient memmory to access... , why it is
> >> so?
>
> >> Can anybody help?

ivenhov

Nov 18, 2010, 4:13:58 PM11/18/10
to Dokan

I would say that the thread that goes into your file system
implementation hangs
leaving your volume unresponsive.
Another possibility is that you return incorrect error code somewhere.

Madhuri Chopade

Nov 19, 2010, 3:39:18 AM11/19/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
@toke
1GB RAM
It might be because of too less memory.

Madhuri Chopade

Nov 19, 2010, 3:40:27 AM11/19/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
@ivenhov
it may be. I need to check.
Thanks!

Madhuri Chopade

Nov 22, 2010, 1:31:16 AM11/22/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I have mounted a drive using dokan and created a folder in it. Now this folder is linked to some e-mail account(for example, i need photos listing from my account to be shown under this folder). It works fine if I have proper speed internet connection otherwise it gives "insufficient system resources to complete request " kind of message.
So I think along with memory issues, network speed maters.
is it right?

Peter Siegel

Nov 22, 2010, 2:32:42 AM11/22/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
I got this error when my my callbacks didn't return in time.

Perhaps this helps

Madhuri Chopade

Nov 22, 2010, 3:12:35 AM11/22/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
How to check if callbacks return in time? and how to overcome this issue?

Matt Joiner

Nov 22, 2010, 3:51:35 AM11/22/10
to do...@googlegroups.com
Don't pass DOKAN_OPTION_KEEP_ALIVE