Trouble installing satchmo

1 view

Jonathan Hayward

Mar 15, 2010, 1:10:42 PM3/15/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to get satchmo up and running from the instructions at http://bitbucket.org/chris1610/satchmo/downloads/Satchmo.pdf , and when I get to 2.1.3 (installing PIL manually as a workaround), there is no /bin/clonesatchmo.py. After digging around, I move the scripts from the install directory to under /usr/local, and create a symlink to clonesatchmo.py. But it can't find things; my guess is that it's looking in my PYTHONPATH and the same install issues that left no /bin/clonesatchmo.py has left no Python files installed to the default PYTHONPATH. I get:

$ python /bin/clonesatchmo.py
Creating the Satchmo Application
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/clonesatchmo.py", line 108, in <module>
    create_satchmo_site(opts.site_name)
  File "/bin/clonesatchmo.py", line 47, in create_satchmo_site
    import satchmo_skeleton
ImportError: No module named satchmo_skeleton

Do people have suggestions, including going to a Satchmo-specific list if this list is not intended to discuss Django add-ons like Satchmo or Pinax?

--
→ Jonathan Hayward, a Senior Web Developer who cares deeply about usability
www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhaywardjonathan...@pobox.com

Andrew

Mar 22, 2010, 3:14:55 PM3/22/10
to Django users
Go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/satchmo-users

On 15 мар, 20:10, Jonathan Hayward
<christos.jonathan.hayw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get satchmo up and running from the instructions athttp://bitbucket.org/chris1610/satchmo/downloads/Satchmo.pdf, and when I

> get to 2.1.3 (installing PIL manually as a workaround), there is no
> /bin/clonesatchmo.py. After digging around, I move the scripts from the
> install directory to under /usr/local, and create a symlink to
> clonesatchmo.py. But it can't find things; my guess is that it's looking in
> my PYTHONPATH and the same install issues that left no /bin/clonesatchmo.py
> has left no Python files installed to the default PYTHONPATH. I get:
>
> $ python /bin/clonesatchmo.py
> Creating the Satchmo Application
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/bin/clonesatchmo.py", line 108, in <module>
>     create_satchmo_site(opts.site_name)
>   File "/bin/clonesatchmo.py", line 47, in create_satchmo_site
>     import satchmo_skeleton
> ImportError: No module named satchmo_skeleton
>
> Do people have suggestions, including going to a Satchmo-specific list if
> this list is not intended to discuss Django add-ons like Satchmo or Pinax?
>
> --
> → Jonathan Hayward, a Senior Web Developer who cares deeply about usability

> →www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhaywardjonathan.hayw...@pobox.com

Laszlo Antal

Mar 22, 2010, 4:17:13 PM3/22/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I use this installation and it works.

Hope it helps

lzantal

Jonathan Hayward

Mar 22, 2010, 4:41:37 PM3/22/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Andrew and Laszlo.
--
→ Jonathan Hayward, christos.jon...@gmail.com
→ An Orthodox Christian author: theology, literature, et cetera.