Multiple images upload

Jury

Nov 20, 2009, 3:01:06 AM11/20/09
to Django Photologue
Hi all,

does Photologue have multiple images upload feature ? Not with zip
file as docs suggest, just Javascript or Flash interface.

Regards,
Jury Gerasimov

Softshape Development
mailto:ju...@softshape.com
http://www.softshape.com

Justin

Nov 20, 2009, 8:12:31 AM11/20/09
to Django Photologue
Hi Jury,

Photologue does not provide any client-side facilities for uploading
multiple images but should be able to integrate with most solutions
out there.

- Justin

On Nov 20, 3:01 am, Jury <softsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> does Photologue have multiple images upload feature ? Not with zip
> file as docs suggest, just Javascript or Flash interface.
>
> Regards,
> Jury Gerasimov
>
> Softshape Development
> mailto:j...@softshape.comhttp://www.softshape.com

Tracy Reed

Nov 20, 2009, 2:05:17 PM11/20/09
to django-p...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 05:12:31AM -0800, Justin spake thusly:

> Photologue does not provide any client-side facilities for uploading
> multiple images but should be able to integrate with most solutions
> out there.

Something along these lines is certainly needed. I have been looking
into using WebDAV to upload to some temporary holding area and then
having an option inside photologue to import from that area and have
written some code to that end but nothing really usable yet.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org

Justin Driscoll

Nov 20, 2009, 2:16:35 PM11/20/09
to django-p...@googlegroups.com
Tracy,

Batch importing photos is quite easy. I don't know if this helps but the process_zipfile method of the GalleryUpload model can show you one way to do it (just loop through a folder or any other list of files instead of a zipfile).

However, client-side solutions using flash and/or javascript are, at least right now, beyond the scope of the application. This does not mean that Photologue is incompatible with these techniques. If there are specific existing libraries out there with compatible licenses that people would like me to look at, I'd be happy to do so (as time allows).

- Justin

skylar....@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2009, 6:12:33 PM11/20/09
to django-p...@googlegroups.com
You could just post a form to a custom view. this isn't included in photologue but would be straightforward to implement.

Jury

Nov 21, 2009, 7:47:13 AM11/21/09
to Django Photologue

> However, client-side solutions using flash and/or javascript are, at least
> right now, beyond the scope of the application. This does not mean that
> Photologue is incompatible with these techniques. If there are specific
> existing libraries out there with compatible licenses that people would like
> me to look at, I'd be happy to do so (as time allows).

As far as I understand, most Flash-based uploaders use similar
protocols for uploading multiple images. You can look at one of the
most popular tool called SWFUpload, I believe if you support it,
developers who use other SWF solutions can easy adapt your code. The
website is http://swfupload.org/ and here are Django examples -

http://github.com/naltimari/django-swfupload-samples

Anyway, multiple images uploading is much more useful pattern in real
life than single photo upload, so I'm sure Photologue will be more
usable if it supports it by some way or another right from the box.

Jury.