Disk Space problem is back again /o\

RicardoFunke

Jan 23, 2011, 9:24:50 PM1/23/11
to DeVeDe forum
So this problem is back again.

I've configured the property temp_folder to point to my home that has
20GB of free space and start to convert an .avi file that has 700MB,
but in halfway through the process, devede stops with "no disk space"
error. =(

So also, it will be good that this disk verification runs in the
begining of the process too, and calculates it properly.

Thanks in advance!

RicardoFunke

Jan 29, 2011, 6:55:49 PM1/29/11
to DeVeDe forum
Well, I've found something that make me think that I've found the bug.

It was in file devede_other.py line 432:

global_vars["temp_folder"]="/var/tmp"

So it's hardcoded when it should take it from ~/.devede file.

But, even point it hardcoded to my home disk, the error still
ocurring.

I've found the error raised is in devede.dvd.py:
self.print_error=_("Failed to create the DVD tree\nMaybe you ran out
of disk space")

So I couldn't find out why is this problem ocurring.

Any help will apreciated

RicardoFunke

Jan 30, 2011, 7:38:29 AM1/30/11
to DeVeDe forum
Finnaly I discover what's going on... =)

For some reason dvdauthor now requires that you export a VIDEO_FORMAT
variable, like "export VIDEO_FORMAT=PAL".

So I ran:

# export VIDEO_FORMAT=PAL
# devede

And now we have another mistery revealed... ;)

So, I suggest you to redirect the messages from the third part
application to standart output, you know...

Best regards!

Sergio

Jan 30, 2011, 7:43:04 AM1/30/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com

Elundari

Mar 8, 2011, 3:47:05 AM3/8/11
to DeVeDe forum
Ok so lets 'pretend' that I'm a complete noob when it comes to stuff
like this - how can I (in idiot guide terms) stop DeVeDe from
generating disk space errors?

Robert

Mar 11, 2011, 9:57:17 AM3/11/11
to DeVeDe forum
What exactly are u using DeVeDe for? creating DVD? when you click
"forward" when ready to convert files make sure the file is being
saved to your "C" drive or your primary drive, where you have enough
space, you should need between 5gb - 9gb of empty space if creating an
image file.

Elundari

Mar 13, 2011, 12:46:46 AM3/13/11
to DeVeDe forum
On Mar 11, 9:57 am, Robert <rsg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What exactly are u using DeVeDe for? creating DVD? when you click
> "forward" when ready to convert files make sure the file is being
> saved to your "C" drive or your primary drive, where you have enough
> space, you should need between 5gb - 9gb of empty space if creating an
> image file.

I have over 50gb of available space and I still randomly get the error
- I use DeVeDe for converting a (usually around) 4gb file into an
image file to burn.