Next Meeting - Jan 24th - 6:30pm

1 view

Derailed

Jan 9, 2008, 10:37:28 PM1/9/08
to DeRailed - Denver Rails UG
Our next meeting will take place on Thurs Jan 24th - 6:30pm at the
Hive.
This should be an exciting venue, since this will mark DeRailed 2nd
anniversary. Yeah !
Thanks to all of you for always making the meetings a fun encounter...

On the agenda

6:30 - 7:00 Meet/Mingle
7:00 - 7:45 RailsEngine and Substruct - Presented by Peter Jones
(pmade.com)
7-45 - 8:00 Break and Raffle
8:00 - 9:00 Consulting Panel -
Matt Raible (raibledesigns.com)
Bob Johnson (bpinnovators.com)
Chris Kilmer (biego.com)
Daniel Wanja (nouvellessolutions.com)
TBD recruiter

Thanks to Troy Hill for coming up with the consulting panel idea.
I am looking forward to it !
Also special thanks to my good friends Matt, Bob and Daniel for
taking the time to come down and share their experiences !

IMPORTANT !!
I would like the panel to have a chance to prepare for some of the
questions.
So if you have questions regarding contracting please ping me directly
so I
can compile an initial list and feed it to the panel... Anything from
establishing
a company, dealing with legality and copyright, establishing a
network, etc...

Also I need presenters for our Feb meeting.
So reach out for your shoephone and ping me.
I know most of you are doing some cool stuff in Rails.
So please share your experiences !

Donation welcome, for the beer to fuel this event ;-)

See you all in a couple weeks !

-Fernand

Chris Kilmer

Jan 11, 2008, 10:38:47 AM1/11/08
to DeRailed - Denver Rails UG
When is the February meeting? Does this group have a google calendar?

Derailed

Jan 11, 2008, 9:53:17 PM1/11/08
to DeRailed - Denver Rails UG

Damnage

Jan 14, 2008, 10:39:33 PM1/14/08
to DeRailed - Denver Rails UG
Are new members allowed?

-Andy

Peter Jones

Jan 14, 2008, 10:45:26 PM1/14/08
to dera...@googlegroups.com
Damnage wrote the following on Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 07:39:33PM -0800:
> Are new members allowed?

Andy, absolutely! Please join us here on the Google Group, and when
we get together next Thursday.

--
Peter Jones
http://pmade.com

Derailed

Jan 15, 2008, 2:25:47 AM1/15/08
to DeRailed - Denver Rails UG
We are just a week away from our next meeting and I have yet to
receive some good questions for our consulting panel ??

I know you've all been wondering about doing the contracting thing at
one time or another and this is a prime opportunity to get your
questions answered by folks that are local experts on the matter...

So if you are itching to get some tough questions answered, please
don't forget to send me some email with your questions...

-Fernand