About QUEST software package

Tan Zhuoning

Oct 7, 2010, 12:37:13 PM10/7/10
to delmia_quest
Hello Everyone.

I have some questions about QUEST since I began learning it. But I dare not ask anybody until now. I know QUEST has more than one advantage comparing with other DES softwares. But some are there about which we cannot talk that way. Except unusual UI, the interface to database, or other systems, the service pack, the version updating and the service from the supplier are not competitive.

There's no voice from the supplier what a future they give QUEST. I have doubt about how long lifecycle QUEST has.

As application engineers, such information is needed, isn't it?

I hope there's news which will clear the air.

Forgive me if improper or wrong opinion I have.

Tan

bruno.t...@embraer.com.br

Oct 7, 2010, 1:48:56 PM10/7/10
to delmia_quest

Hello Tan.

Until someone finally spoke about it.

I've been thinking about QUEST life cycle, and I believe DES softwares doesn't matter for Dassault.
That is why we just have "new commands" in each QUEST release instead of a new UI.

Thanks

Obrigado,

Bruno Santos Teixeira
Process Development Engineer
SJK - VOP/EST/ATM/ /MFD/
EMBRAER - Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica S.A.
Phone: +55 12 3927-6658

Para conhecer nossa Célula, clique aqui.
Para inserir um item na nossa Clínica da Qualidade,
clique aqui.

Tan Zhuoning <tanzh...@gmail.com>
Sent by: delmia...@googlegroups.com

07/10/2010 13:50

Please respond to
delmia...@googlegroups.com

delmia_quest <delmia...@googlegroups.com>
cc
Subject
About QUEST software package

This message is intended solely for the use of its addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. All information contained herein shall be treated as confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party without Embraer’s prior written approval. If you are not the addressee you should not distribute, copy or file this message. In this case, please notify the sender and destroy its contents immediately.
Esta mensagem é para uso exclusivo de seu destinatário e pode conter informações privilegiadas e confidenciais. Todas as informações aqui contidas devem ser tratadas como confidenciais e não devem ser divulgadas a terceiros sem o prévio consentimento por escrito da Embraer. Se você não é o destinatário não deve distribuir, copiar ou arquivar a mensagem. Neste caso, por favor, notifique o remetente da mesma e destrua imediatamente a mensagem.

Tan Zhuoning

Oct 7, 2010, 8:31:19 PM10/7/10
to delmia_quest
Obrigado, thank you for your reply.

Concerning software updating there are release notes of all versions in directory \QUEST install directory\quest\docs\rel_quest. I think this information may be helpful for QUEST users who don't find it.

Tomi Kosunen

Oct 21, 2010, 1:49:55 AM10/21/10
to delmia_quest
What I have understood is that DassaultSystems has the new platform,
V6. They have DELMIA Production Systems Simulation (PSS) in their
agenda. In PSS "Industrial Engineer is able to run discrete event
simulations to evaluate resource utilization, plant capacity, and
perform “what if” analysis".

We will see if they are able to release a version that has simular
functionalities as QUEST. As far as I know, PSS has (current version)
just few functionalities compering to QUEST: no SCL programming for
example which means that PSS cannot replace QUEST as a modeling (DES)
tool for complex systems.

http://www.3ds.com/products/delmia/portfolio/delmia-v6/v6-portfolio/d/digital-manufacturing-and-production/s/manufacturing-planning/p/prod-system-simul/?cHash=4088ec36e5f293e4de55ed74596fc112

vijay sangrulkar

Oct 21, 2010, 5:29:38 AM10/21/10
to delmia...@googlegroups.com
Last year in India, one of the Dessault representative told in a seminar that Quest is now just on maintenence mode. And there is no clarity when the next competitive version will come into the market.

Regards
Vijay

Neil R.

Nov 22, 2010, 3:01:28 PM11/22/10
to delmia_quest
I have asked our reseller about the future of QUEST as well when I
noticed there is no reference to QUEST on the Delmia site. If I was
looking into simulation tools, I would never know this product
exists! All of the other discrete-event tools have websites that give
you a good idea about their product right up front.

Unfortunately, I used to have great service when I would ask the
Application Engineers to have a look at my SCL programming problems.
Now, I send it to the reseller and after a 3 weeks, I get an answer,
after I follow up to see if they have determined what the solution
might be and usually it's, sorry, you need to write a bit more code,
and we won't write it for you, only for a fee, because we don't offer
the Extended Service license.

I just received V5 R20, but I had to ask for it.