Obituary - Lt Gen Pankaj Shivram Joshi

Jaideep Chanda

Jul 6, 2009, 11:54:29 AM7/6/09
to delhib...@googlegroups.com, Gopi Sundar
Hi Folks,

Lt Gen Pankaj S Joshi passed away on 2nd July 2009.
With his passing, we have lost a great soldier and birder.
For a man who lost both legs in a mine injury when he was 24, he went on to become a Lieutenant General...an awesome achievement.

Few people know about his love for birds.

Having interacted with his former ADC, I came to know of his trips in Bharatpur. He would walk till his legs would bleed from the stumps chaffing with his artificial legs...all to watch the birds.

If i recall correctly, he has also done the birding course run by Rishi Valley.

Read about him at:

http://www.geocities.com/siafdu/pjoshi.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/First-IDS-chief-Lt-Gen-Joshi-dies-/articleshow/4729577.cms

Adieu sir.